Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print scanner not working in Xperia X

Awesome28
Visitor

Finger print scanner not working in Xperia X

When I go to finger print manager it says to empty my internal storage and keeps on repeating the same 

16 REPLIES 16
rockerey
Visitor

I've been experiencing the same issues in the last days. Can this be linked to the recent software update? Never had an issue with that before.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Before sending in your device for service you can call DIY service at *#*#SERVICE#*#*  on your phone.

Then tap service tests and scroll down to the bottom

You will see fingerprint sensor.

When you tap it will display SENSOR OK

If not send your device in for repair after you have tried Xperia Companion again, do a software repair and DO NOT restore your apps.

See if it works that way.

Be sure no app is in the way of proper functioning from your device.

rockerey
Visitor

Unfortunately I don't see any "fingerprint sensor" on the service tests list. Is this a bad sign?

rockerey
Visitor

I used to see it till yesterday. I even tried to delete re-scan my fingertip in the case there was some recognition issue, but it said that there was some memory issue and that I had to empty the memory in order to proceed with the fingertip scan. Now I don't even see the fingerprint sensor as a device unlock option on my security settings...

AlexanderXperia
Visitor

Welcome to my world, I still can not find a solution to activate the fingerprint reader. It's frustrating

Rosedazz
Visitor

Guys any of you fixed this out!! Happened with me aswell Slightly_frowning_Face

Rosedazz
Visitor

There is a frikkin 31.05 GB left... I don't know what's happening . Did anyone fix this out

@Murugan86 wrote:

Hey Its Clearly saying that your mobile fingerprint is locked. where you bought the mobile. Initially, fingerprint worked for your mobile. You can reach me at removed

Screenshot_20180630-162524.png

Screenshot_20180630-161523.png