Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print scanner not working in Xperia X

Awesome28
Visitor

Finger print scanner not working in Xperia X

When I go to finger print manager it says to empty my internal storage and keeps on repeating the same 

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Empty is a big deal.

What is your system telling you.

Goto settings -> storage & memory and see what it tells you.

AlexanderXperia
Visitor

Hi Strampke,

The same thing is happening to me, when I go to the fingerprint manager, I see a text that says: It was not possible to register your fingerprint. Free space in internal storage and try again.
What is strange to me, because I have more than 10 GB free in internal storage. It would be very helpful if you could advise me please. #XperiaX

Thnaks.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

2 more options

1. delete all fingerprints, reboot and set up fingerprint again
  2. goto apps, display system (3 dots, top right) an dforce stop fingerprint, then reboot
AlexanderXperia
Visitor

Hi Strampke,

I told you ... I tried to do what you told me and it really does not work. I can not access the fingerprint reading simply because the text on the internal storage does not allow me to delete the ones that were registered.
When I am in the security menu and lock screen, it appears to me that the fingerprint reader is disabled.

Actually I'm needing help here, I've tried many ways and honestly it was right after the software update, and that I have repaired it more than 3 times, I already tried in "Safe mode", I tried full system restart and nothing works. I do not know what to do. I would really appreciate your help, please.

Thank you, best regards !

InkedScreenshot_20180607-115012_LI.jpgScreenshot_20180607-115026.png

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

My knowledge in this now is exhausted.

Let's wait for someone smarter than us to bring a solution.

AlexanderXperia
Visitor

You do not need someone smarter, you only need someone with that knowledge or that the same thing has happened to you and you have found a solution. I also thank you very much for answering, I will be attentive to a solution.

Best regards.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I had this problem with space as well a while ago, although it was SD storage.

At the same time telephone calls sometimes were not possible.

I slided the SIM/SD slider in-and-out several times (device switched off of course) and the problem was solved. Corrosion maybe?

However your problem is internal storage.

Why not try a cache cleaner.

AlexanderXperia
Visitor

Hi Strampke, thank you very much for answering.

I tried deleting the internal memory cache and it still does not work. I remain attentive to new possible solutions.

Thank you very much

Murugan86
Visitor

Hey Its Clearly saying that your mobile fingerprint is locked. where you bought the mobile. Initially, fingerprint worked for your mobile. You can reach me at removed