Join now - be part of our community!

Fast charging and charging issues with Xperia x

Prashanthnakka
Visitor

Fast charging and charging issues with Xperia x

Sony,

I have been using Sony phones for the past 6 years and i have bought an Xperia X Duel(F5122) 14 months ago. Now i am face issues with phone which are:
* To charge the phone completely it takes 4-6 hours.
* The phone does not get connected to my computer.
I have calmly taken the phone to the closest service center and stated my issue with the phone. The individual at the service center answer that fixing the phone is not possible but if you want to resolve the issue we could get you an refurbished phone or a new handset which will cost you Rs 9000 - Rs 15000.
Now give me a reason why i have to pay money which could be fixed with an easy repair after spending a great deal of money (i.e, Rs 26,000) buying this phone.

After consulting with your costomer care agent for which i had to wait for 4 day for his/her call after register my issuses with the phone. He gave me the same answer similar to that of the service center that i have to pay up Rs9,000-Rs15000 to resolve the issue but not repairing the phone but getting a refurbished/new handset.This how you people extort money out of consumers. 

Your disappointed and soon going to be Ex-customer, 
Prashanth Nakka 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Prashanthnakka

I'm sorry to hear that, I know how frustrating it is to get a bad experience with any customer care, but ok, have you tried to use a different cable and wall charger? have you tried a different computer?

Just wondering, what did they said the problem was/is?

Prashanthnakka
Visitor

After trying everthing(i.e, differnt chargers and different computers) i have went to the service center.

The diappointing part of the issue is the solution was given by the guy who sits at front desk not by a technician.The phone was not sent to the technician to check what is the issue.The guy came to a conclusion after hearing from me what i have experienced.

Come to your question "What they have said" that is "We can not open the phone and fix it" and that is what they said.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Prashanthnakka

I'm really sorry to hear that, I wonder why they are reluctant to check the phone, just wondering, did you bought the phone in your country? 

Prashanthnakka
Visitor

@uliwooly Did i say they were unwilling to check the phone.The answer would be No.What i said was that is how they dealt with the situation when it presented itself.

Yes,i have bought the phone in my country and i even took the bill along with me.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Prashanthnakka

you might not want to read this answer but, since this is a global user based forum, the only thing that can be done is to contact them again, maybe they can escalate it

Prashanthnakka
Visitor

Which part of entire conversation you don't undersatnd ?

Above all i have said what has to be said and put it out there, what kind of demeaning business ethics are being followed in india by sony.

I mean like sony comes up with a worthless device,overprice it and give an aggravating and unprofessional costomer service.

What i understand from the past few days of experiance with sony is that you are trying milk money out of costomers.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Any company, Sony included isn't interested in milking cows.

Every company wants their custmers to be happy with what they bought because that gives a better oppotunity that the customer will come back.

Every now and then misfits happen.

This time you're the victim.

As @uliwooly mentioned, just try again.

Make a print of this conversation.

Tap on Support on your device ( it is in an app as well as in settings)

Explain your problem again and see if they will help you.

Be so kind to report back if you succeeded.

Good luck!

Prashanthnakka
Visitor

Let us assume that sony company is loyal to it's consumers @Strampke and somewhat faith left in me after reading all of your utter faith in sony.

I just had a conversation with the service center at (Address: Opp. CTC, Kalasiguda, Secunderabad, Telangana 500003) secunderbad and i am quoting what i asked and what the service center guy answered.

Me:"hello,is this sony service center"?

Service center:"Yes"!

Me:"I was wondering if reparing an sony xperia x (f5122) with charging issue is possible"?

(I have mentioned the model number as well)

Service center:"No,you have to get a new handset".

Me:"Why? i have asked around and i was told that just to ask again.

Service center:"Who have you asked"? The costomer care we don't work along with them.(I believe we was talk about sony company as well).

Me:"Tell me after spending Rs26000 on the phone i would pay another Rs15000 to get another similar handset","Tell me why the phone wouldn't get fixed"? Give me a reason.

Service center:"Sony sometimes launches such faulty handset".No matter where you go your phone wouldn't get fixed.
(The sevice centers actual words)

Me:"You can cut the phone line now i'll do what could be done".

Now i answer my questions at your comfort

*If this doesn't question my faith in sony what will?

*I need a solution for my situation not a argument?

becasue after spending alot of money on this phone and it has been onlt 14 months and it failed to fast charge right after 2 day from warrenty period and yesterday it stopped to charge completely. why am i getting such unbefitting answers for the service center.
Isn't this an unethical business practice?

Soon to be Ex-sony consumer;

Prashanth nakka

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

That customers service is a typical case of 'the purple alligator' approach @Prashanthnakka.

Very much busy minding his own affairs within the frame permitted by his superiors.

This is far from an open, customer centered approach.

What happened to me in a similar case:

The handset couldn't be repaired and they sent me another handset.

My LG Optimus Black was replaced by a newer entry level LG model.

The least they could do is let you send in your device for repair and come to a conclusion after seeing it.

This approach of putting you off on the phone is below par.