Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia X still overheat?

MikaelJensen
Visitor

Does Xperia X still overheat?

Hey guys, Im thinking about buying a Xperia X, but I heard alot about it is overheating when recording video. Is this still true or has it been fixed?

50 REPLIES 50
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I haven't experienced this, I know some others have but me personally, I haven't.
MikaelJensen
Visitor

Do you think its a hardware issue or can it be software fixed?

In every review they say it will overheat during video recordings Slightly_frowning_Face

Andrej123
Visitor

I think it is depending on how you use the device before recording videos. If you for example watch 30 minutes videos and then start the recording, there will be some issues. But usually it should not be a problem day to day Winking_Face

ykphuah
Visitor

I only record videos for less than 2 minutes, no overheating so far.

MikaelJensen
Visitor

Andrej123 Have you tried to record for more than 5 or 10 minutes to see if it overheats?

A phone should not overheat because of that imo.

mekaniker1
Visitor

mine doesn't overheat at all... 

Caspianfederov
Visitor

Mine overheat rapidly (more or less after 2 minutes of recording) but only in the 1080 60 image per second mode. No problem with the 30 i/s mode. I think the processor can't handle it. Too weak. Maybe the xperia x performance doesn't suffer of this weakness. Sad for us. Maybe it is just a question of optimization but i dont't think so.
mr_case
Visitor

Yes my phone does.  If you have done something, like taking photos and edited them, after that you can take video few seconds and you start get overheat messages. And video shooting if you "pan" scenery lots of details cause same and image starts to "jump".... waiting update.

Julian1000
Visitor

Mine over heats and shuts done to cool down after recording for 2 minutes
Is there going to be a fix for this because I feel like I've be robbed.