Join now - be part of our community!

Constant Data roaming Notification sound - Android 8

MuffinButton
Visitor

Constant Data roaming Notification sound - Android 8

Since I've updated to Android 8. 

If I have WiFi enabled mobile data is turned off and so is data roaming.

Randomly (phone is laying somewhere untouched) I get the notification: no connection - data roaming is off.

The warning also pops up whenever I turn off flight mode. Usually twice within less than one minute after I removed the first one. 

Main issue here is the annoying sound... It's not even possible to turn it off under app and system notifications. 

An option is needed to turn off the sound and/or the whole notification. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MuffinButton

Could you test the phone in >>> safe mode so we can rule out third party apps acting up ?

MuffinButton
Visitor

I was able to get rid of the alert sound! But the visual still pops up (minor issue but still annoying). 

The settings are under Mobile data alerts. The attachment shows my current settings. If I disable notification dots in the category above - the warning is still coming..

The notification also appears in safe mode. 

Screenshot_20180208-135022.png

WhoWhat
Visitor

Settings,à notifcations à advanced notificationsà the dots up ontop, to get ALL apps, then Scholl down to Network Diagnosisà On lock screen à Do not show notificationsThis is copy/paste from the forum that helped me out...This is copy/paste from the forum that helped me out...

I regret I do not know who this is from. My point is: anything similar might help. My cell phone has not warned me for the last whole 3 minutes, so it must be off. GL!