Join now - be part of our community!

Computer can't read SD card

SOLVED
WreckTangle
Visitor

Computer can't read SD card

So the sd card I have in my Xperia X can read all the photos and videos I have on it no problem. However, when I plug the same sd card into my computer or another phone, all photos taken with the Xperia X are corrupted and can't be opened or read. Any solutions?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@WreckTangle

what if you don't unmount the SD card, but just connect the phone directly to your computer, can you access the media files?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@WreckTangle

that seems to be an issue with the SD card, you could reformat the SD card but you might want to consider buying a new SD card. 

WreckTangle
Visitor

No it is not an issue with an sd card because I've converted the files to a different sd card and am still having the same issue. Secondly it's only the photos and videos that were on the internal storage and transferred to the sd card that are corrupt such as 'DSC_xyz' files

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@WreckTangle

in other words whenever you unmount the SD card and connect it directly to a computer it corrupts files?

do you unmount the SD card before you remove it?

WreckTangle
Visitor

No that's not the issue, for some reason my Xperia X can read those photos and videos with no problem but my computer or any electronic device thinks they're corrupt and can't read them.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@WreckTangle

That's odd, have you reformat the SD card?

WreckTangle
Visitor

No, I don't want to lose the data I have on it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@WreckTangle

what if you don't unmount the SD card, but just connect the phone directly to your computer, can you access the media files?

WreckTangle
Visitor

Oh wow, I hadn't thought about that for some reason. It seems to work perfectly! Thank you so much for your help. I'll be sure to Update the post when I finished transferring everything. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Great news, keep us updated.