Join now - be part of our community!

Change notification for Messaging App

SOLVED
Sagar
Visitor

Change notification for Messaging App

Hi,

My Xperia X is running Android 8.0. Earlier we used to be able to chnage notification tone for the default messaging app. But now I am unable to do so. 

Anyone knows how to do this with updated OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @Sagar,

This has been changed a bit in Android 8.0, so you will need to go to, Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messaging > App notifications. Here you should have an option called "Messages", tap that one and tap "Sound" and choose a sound that you like!

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You should be able to. Tap the 3 dots, notifications, sound. From there, you should get the sound picker and possibility to choose another.

alexdon
Jonas
Master

Hi @Sagar,

This has been changed a bit in Android 8.0, so you will need to go to, Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messaging > App notifications. Here you should have an option called "Messages", tap that one and tap "Sound" and choose a sound that you like!

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Sagar
Visitor

Thanka Alexdon, Jonas. I am able to change the notification tone now with your suggestions. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Sagar@Jonas perfect!

alexdon
Jonas
Master

@Sagar, awesome news! Slightly_smiling_Face

I understand that it's quite confusing when you can't do it directly from the settings menu of the application, but everything related to notification is a lot more customizable in Android 8, which is awesome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a great weekend!