Join now - be part of our community!

Can't receive text messages since system update

Teddygoo
Visitor

Can't receive text messages since system update

I can't receive texts messages since my system update Monday night. I am able to send them. At&t was no help. They said do a factory reset on my phone. Any help would be great thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Teddygoo

Yeah that's AT&T's customer service, lol, have you made any changes to your phone? which messaging app are you using? 

have you tried the basic, restart the phone > remove the SIM card > test the phone in >>> safe mode

Teddygoo
Visitor

I'm using the messenging app that came with the phone. To point out I am using a the xperia x international dual  sim. After reading your reply I tried safe mode. I was able to receive texts from my sisist and son. But no one who doesn't have att. I'm usually pretty good at solving these issues. When I was on the phone with att they asked for the IMEI. I kept telling them that two rows of numbers were showing. But they didn't listen. I found the correct one in my phone settings. I'm guessing that is part of the problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Teddygoo

That could be it, have you contacted AT&T again with the correct IMEI number? 

Now, contacts that are with AT&T receive your SMS and MMS right? 

Are the other contacts using iPhones? 

Teddygoo
Visitor

So the funniest thing happhapp on Friday. Out of nowhere I heard my text alert go off. Then it kept going off. I grabbed my phone and I had over 100 text messages coming in out of nowhere. Apparently whatever was wrong with it on their end was finally fixed. Which BTW I came across an article that said AT&T had some kind of outage problems nationwide last week. Just saying......

Thank you for all the help!