Join now - be part of our community!

Bugs After Oreo Update

BobWellington
Visitor

Bugs After Oreo Update

It seems the only new things Oreo brought are bugs. The worst issue I have is I can't click anything at a certain spot near the top of the screen. I can't login to certain apps like SofaScore because of this. Another one is I can't pull down the notifications from the lock screen. And when I try to pull the notifications down while on certain apps (Facebook Messenger for example) it just scrolls down the chat I'm on instead of opening the notifications. And all of this still happens after a hard reset. Anyone else experiencing any of these bugs? 

9 REPLIES 9
reikar
Visitor

I don't have any bugs. I'm on latest Android 8 (x.70) version.
Yours seems to be related to some hardware problem.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@WillieD

Try to boot your phone in safe mode and check if the scrolling issue persists.

paraben
Visitor

I'm using Oreo on my X Compact since it came available. No bugs so far. Using the latest build 34.4.A.2.70 for almost 4 weeks now.

Adamskiii
Visitor

How's the battery?

BobWellington
Visitor

Not good. I'm having a hard time making it through a day even with not using the phone that much. Seems like the highest usage on the battery stats is Android and Phone Idle. 

BobWellington
Visitor

Quester, I tried your suggestion but I can't use Messenger in safe mode and that seems to be the only app I have scrolling issues in. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@WillieD

Then try clearing the cache of the Messenger app:

Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Apps info -> Messenger -> Storage -> Clear data

BobWellington
Visitor

Thanks! That seems to have helped with that issue. I just wish I could figure out the other issues. It's weird because I even tried doing a software repair using Xperia Companion and I tried the phone without restoring any previous data, but it didn't help. I should probably contact Sony, but I don't look forward to it since they'll probably be as helpless as I am. 

BobWellington
Visitor

Unfortunately it seems that didn't actually fix it. I did get a phone update and yet it still didn't fix any of the issues...oh, well...