Join now - be part of our community!

[BUG Report] List of X Performance Bug/Issue on Oreo - 41.3.A.2.99

JohnDroid
Visitor

[BUG Report] List of X Performance Bug/Issue on Oreo - 41.3.A.2.99

Hello guys, i'm new here.. Even though  i'm pretty familiar with Android since 2010 and this is my second xperia device after my old T2 Ultra and now i'm using X Performance (which is pretty solid device but with some lacks). Beside of annoying bugs, the Oreo Firmware brings some good stuff compared to Nougat, such as improvement on audio and camera quality, and also some of new Android Oreo feature like password autofill, which is great. Straight forward to the issues that bothering me so much on latest firmware with my X performance, i want to make list of each bugs/issues that occurs in the last firmware. FYI, i always do "clean install" in each firmware update using flashtool to make sure my device clean and proper, so if i found some issue they're mostly system bug and "factory reset" isn't valid suggestion i though Slightly_smiling_Face

Device: Xperia X Performance F8131

Firmware Version: 41.3.A.2.99

Region: Australia

1. Adaptive Brightness is not so smooth as Nougat 7.0. Especially when brightness slider set between 0 - 35%, there is some significant change in brightness value that come to flickering. Hurting my eyes tho..

2. "Mobile network standby" eat too much battery when using mobile data. It doesn't happened in Nougat (only 1 - 2%). But in Oreo it always showing up on the top, almost 20% in battery stats, even with solid signal strength. (Image attached). I don't have any idea if it's part of Oreo changes or not, but the battery drain when using mobile data is worse than Nougat.

3. When playing music apps or games, i.e super pads, mix pad, piano, walk bands, simples drum pro, real drum, and other kind of "tap to make sound" app, the audio inconsistently come up and gone, even with keyboard sound.. I'm a musician and frequently using this kind of apps. Now it's become unusable! Never happened on Nougat anyway.

4. "WarrantytimeService" annoying notification that come every boot up. I have to force stop the app to stop the notification.

5. Update soon.

Good to know that Sony still providing frequent software update for this device. But what's the point of "Update" if it doesn't bring good improvement?

Please give attention to this post, and i hope i can make frequent updates for all issues come with each firmware. Cheers Winking_Face

Attachment: 

Screenshot_20180327-131218.png

Screenshot_20180327-142815.png

(Update) "mobile network standby" goes to almost 30%!

Screenshot_20180327-151657.png

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Strange as it seems a software repair can really clean up a clugged OS.

Clugged with all kind of old stuff and remainders of it.

Android is Linux and very stable.

Though it is better than Windows it also benefits from a clean start every now and then.

tim_pear
Visitor

And if the problem started with a clean install of Oreo when it was released for the phone? Suspicious when so many people report the same, and not only for this device.

SamuelVasy
Visitor

When my phone is in the pocket and someone call me I have to wait some 10 sec until sensor up display bright. Very very annoying.

nicoclaus
Visitor

Hi, i am on firmware 41.3.A.2.149, Android 8.0 (clean installed via flashtool) and the problem persists. The battery stats are very misleading, they say mobile network standby and phone idle consumes way too much battery, but screen only consumes a little percentage (less than 300 mAh for 4 hours of sot)

Screenshot_20180724-214749.jpg

As you can see mobile network standby appear to drain the battery but with 0 min of active use or background execution. And idle phone shows an active time equal as the total phone usage, which is imposible, how can it be inactive and active at the same time?

I think the OS is reading bad the battery stats.

f8132
Visitor

I have had no problem with the Oreo update.  Because I am stuck on Nougat and security patch since Oct 2017! 

This is the first Sony mobile phone I own and will be the last.