Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth always keeps on activating

nashsx
Visitor

Bluetooth always keeps on activating

Hello, 

I've tried anything, even turning off Tasker cause I thought the monitoring intervals in the settings could be the reason, didn't work. I only first realized the issue when I got an Amazon Echo and coupled it via Bluetooth to my F5321 / Sony Xperia x Compact, then started playing a playlist on my phone with output played on the coupled Amazon Echo. But every, let's say, round about every one and a half song music stops and Echo says "Bluetooth connection lost". When I immediately say "Echo, couple", it says "No device found", but waiting 5 seconds and then saying the same, it's coupling as usual and then I need to say "Echo, proceed playback" and music continues playing via Echo.

Now I turned off Echo and turned off Bluetooth on my phone, five minutes or so it turns itself on again. I made a Tasker profile to turn off Bluetooth anytime it turns on, and when I checked the interval of reactivation, I turned BT off and then activated the profile, after less than five minutes I can see on the top of the screen of my phone in the notification bar how the BT pic is appearing and disappearing in a one second interval. 

Why does BT turning itself on any few minutes? My guess (quite obvious, not?): some app. Is there a way to find out which one of em does this? Or, if system related, is there a way to stop Android from turning it on and on and on? Thanks lot, I tried everything. 

Regards,

Nash Sx.

4 REPLIES 4
pseudonym
Contributor

I've worked with Tasker and BT as well, but I found that no matter what I did, BT behavior was not 100% predictable. Have you tried running the phone for a couple of hours in safe mode (assuming BT can be made active in safe mode)? If you don't see BT turning on unrequested in that situation, you could remove all BT-state modifiying software (including any Tasker routines associated with BT), and deactivate Tasker itself. Then, by gradually adding back modifications you regularly use, see if one triggers the unsolicited activation of BT. Good luck.

nashsx
Visitor

Thanks for your reply  

as said before, I completely turned off Tasker, so no profiles running either. Or do you mean something else with modifications? 

And if you know, could you tell me how to enter safe mode? I had my phone stastar into safe mode two or three times accidentally, but did not remember what I did to make the phone do this.

Thanks,

Nash Sx. 

pseudonym
Contributor

From the User Guide (assuming Oreo is running):

To enable Safe mode

1. While the device is powered on, press and hold down the power key.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the device starts to power off.
  3. Wait for the device to restart in Safe mode.
nashsx
Visitor

Ah thanks, 

quite a good software solution Winking_Face 

I'm gonna try what you suggested when I'm home again .