Join now - be part of our community!

Battery drain

SOLVED
Mwoolley72
Visitor

Battery drain

Phone idle seems to be using a lot of power and battery draining really fast any suggestions, restarted phone no joy cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@Mwoolley72

You can check in Settings > Battery > Show battery usage see what apps are using the most power.

@Rainking37
The main battery usage should be Screen, followed by Android and standby/idle.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Mwoolley72, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do you have the same issue in safe mode?

Mwoolley72
Visitor

Didn't know there was a safe mode so no not a clue cheers 

CameronT
Champion

Click on this link and follow through the steps >>> safe mode.

Let me know how you get on Slightly_smiling_Face

Roozbeh_R
Visitor

After i update my xperia x to 7.1.1 i've experinced over heating and battery drain... 😞 call history lag too... 

It's a big shame for a company like sony... 

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Roozbeh_R, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you're having touble too Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you tried the step I mentioned earlier? Testing it in safe mode?

Mwoolley72
Visitor

Cheers Cameron there was a noticeable improvement in battery in safe mode cheers just finding out which is causing it, possible Google fit as it measures your steps not 100% 

Rainking37
Visitor

I have had this issue for a while on and off. Phone gets hot too. Usually its screen, phone idle and Google play services that are the main battery drain. Tryong safe mode for a bit to see if that helps. Will do a day tomorrow of normal use, or as normal as safe mode will allow, and report back. 

CameronT
Champion

@Mwoolley72

You can check in Settings > Battery > Show battery usage see what apps are using the most power.

@Rainking37
The main battery usage should be Screen, followed by Android and standby/idle.

Mwoolley72
Visitor

Here's what my battery showingHere's what my battery showing

Hope this helps