Join now - be part of our community!

Another "Oreo Update Problem"

SOLVED
Rave2Rave
Visitor

Another "Oreo Update Problem"

To Sony support:

The "GPS icon always on" bug known from the xz1 compact is also affecting the x compact, the battery seems to drain a little bit faster, and the USB mode is always set to "charging only" by default, causing Android auto to stop working automatically on the first time plugging in. I always have to plug out and plug in a second time or to manually switch to "data transfer mode".

Besides that I miss some cool features that have been dumped for some reason after the update: the "do not disturb" mode could be set to "only till next alarm". Now I have to manually switch it off after the alarm.

And setting the alarm isn't that comfortable anymore than it had before.

Please stick to the old behaviors on the 2 mentioned points and fix the mentioned bugs. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
reikar
Visitor

* GPS Icon problem should only be cosmetical. It's not affecting my battery life. They promised a fix soon with some next software update. I disabled GPS icon under Settings->Display->System Icons.>Location. This way you won't see this icon popping out.

* I agree that previous version alarm setting was more comfortable, but since it's android, you can always find some good alternative to use.

* "Do not disturb until next alarm" is still present. On my picture, 3rd option at 7:30

Screenshot_20180409-091223.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
reikar
Visitor

* GPS Icon problem should only be cosmetical. It's not affecting my battery life. They promised a fix soon with some next software update. I disabled GPS icon under Settings->Display->System Icons.>Location. This way you won't see this icon popping out.

* I agree that previous version alarm setting was more comfortable, but since it's android, you can always find some good alternative to use.

* "Do not disturb until next alarm" is still present. On my picture, 3rd option at 7:30

Screenshot_20180409-091223.png

Rave2Rave
Visitor

I don't have that menu anymore since the update... 

Rave2Rave
Visitor

Edit: sorry, found it 🙂