Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0.0 Oreo alarm notification bug

tabbed
Visitor

Android 8.0.0 Oreo alarm notification bug

If i snoozed an alarm, a notification pops up in the status bar.

pulling the bar down the notification says "snooze mode since 07:00". it even has a button "close", but it is not working.

so i'm not able to dismiss that notification anymore, except restarting my phone.

Some guy had the same problem - see his video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZJjRHlJA8s

10 REPLIES 10
Jamie1981uk
Visitor

Just spoke to Sony and they seem to refuse to acknowledge a problem. Just keep telling me to send my mobile in for repair. 

AdrianoSc
Visitor

Exactly the same here.

Sony Xperia X Compact

kedda
Visitor

This is so annoying, I've got the same problem and can't seem to get rid of it! 
I am very OCD when it comes to my notifications and absolutelt hate having unread notifications, so this is literally driving me insane.

Is there nothing else Sony have said about the issue?

paraben
Visitor

I am running Oreo 8.0.0 build 34.4.A.2.32 (Netherlands) and don't have this problem. The snooze option is working as it should and I can cancel it by using the button in the notification. The notification disappears immediately.

I can image you find this annoying. Perhaps you could try a software repair.

tabbed
Visitor

I somehow managed to fix it, unfortunately I have no idea if it's gonna work for everybody else too.

It happened again and instead of restarting my phone I went to the menu and started the 'clock'-app.

All of a sudden, the notification went away.

Since then it never happened.

Maybe somebody can confirm that this is working?

04fuxake
Visitor

I had the same issue this morning and I  found going into the clock app and toggling the alarm made it go away.

Compact4ever
Visitor

Hi!
I'm new here. I apologize in advance for my weak English.
I had the same problem earlier when I set few/couple alarms close to each other, at a small interval and pushed snooze more than once.

But on 34.4.A.2.50 (maybe also on 34.4.A.2.32, I don't remember) it become fixed and now everything works correctly! You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Coke1224
Visitor

Same problem,  Sony give a solution please.

lil-m-moses
Visitor

Try clearing the cached data for the clock app. That's what finally fixed the alarms not going off issue for me, long after Sony supposedly fixed the app. (I didn't have this exact problem with notifications, but I had other alarm notification problems.)