Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
PrashantSagar
Visitor

Ok sorry I shall explain my problem in detail. I was very happy with 4.1.2 when I bought my xperia sp. after updating. Its very very slow. Sometimes gets stuck. Viber doesnt work at all. I have read this forum all through. I am quite confused abt what should I do. Will factory reset help or SUS will help??? More over till a new N stable update comes, I wud prefer the older version 4.1.2. Is there anything I can do to have that version.??? N one more query will factory data reset help me downgrade the update??? Plz help me. Thanks in advance. I know I m asking things that has been answered alot many times here. Thanks again.
Schulze
Visitor

> I am sorry to hear this,have you tried contacting xperia care?

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I have a ticket opened there but Sony is ignoring it.

Factory reset, updated installed via SUS helped a little bit, but the phone still can't accept calls. Right now the thing is about as useful as an iPod.

PrashantSagar
Visitor

Thanks for replying. I havnt contacted xperia care yet. Bt can anyone suggest any other option to tackle this!!! It would be very helpful.
PrashantSagar
Visitor

I just want old version for nw. I was quite content with it.
AK666
Visitor

I agree with you, my phone does exactley same. I bought it a 2 weeks ago and loaded it with lots of apps, things were very fast like lightening. Jelly bean 4.3  has ruined my experiance and there is no easy way to get back to normal.. just keep sulking!

etgke3
Visitor

This is the 2'de xperia that i have that has this problem ! First the xperia U, now xperia SP ??

Is this the way that sony is trying to make monney by milking us? Sorry Sony but i did love the xperia, now i am starting to dislike you! You kost me monny for a bad upgrade !

Schulze
Visitor

for what it's worth I got my phone "working" again.

factory reset -> SUS -> don't add/login to my google account during setup (or afterwards).

Obviously this has numerous negative side affects, but at least I can use my phone as a phone until Sony get's this snafu sorted out. My customer support ticket is still open, still no response from sony, good to see they care about their customers, last time I bounght a sony phone.

hi4tech
Visitor

After the update the phone to Android 4.3 Xperia sp Phone screen, has fluctuated

PRASANNA
Visitor

Hey Daniel

You are lucky if you had fixed the phone with reset factory settings, mine was fine for few days and again the same bugs, its horrible.. i tried reset factory setting thrice till now..

Danial-mach1
Leader

after each time i updated my phone i also performed factory reset..

and yea i'm lucky for good update

@prasanna try software repair via SUS it can help in some cases