Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
mtt81
Visitor

How is it possible that my sp works so smoothly with android 4.3 while yours are so slow and buggy? What do you guys do with your phones? Anyway, I hope we get the update to 4.4!
Danial-mach1
Leader

Someone have good update...but someone gets bad one..neither me nor any body else didn't know why!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Either that,or sometimes the users do not follow or respect the steps to update and the prerequisites like battery level etc.

alexdon
martinmrmus
Contributor

Yes,many of us on forum are stupid and can't read, can't use pc. Do not blame us. When someone's reinstalled sf 4 times with sus and problem still goes on, problem will be on the other side,so...

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I did not blame you,I just tell you what I have encountered.Do not feel offended.

alexdon
blackbox
Contributor

Mentioned this in another thread, but it may be of some use...

I got tired of waiting for this to rollout in the UK and flashed a generic Australian version. After upgrading it was extremely laggy. I went ahead and restored my backed up data (using adb - PCC just doesn't work for me and it doesn't backup your apps and app data - pfft).

Still lagging badly.

Reinstalled with SUS.

Still lagging badly.

Tried restoring my data from the backup again (this time signing in to my Google account first, and not touching the phone during restore).

When the restore completed it was working fine - the UI is now a bit smoother than before and minimal lagging (doesn't like switching to and from Chrome, but otherwise good).

So, if you've had no joy reinstalling with SUS, I say maybe try restoring your backup again if you're getting lag.

him
Contributor
Contributor

When I updated to 4.3 I got only 200 mb free ram but after disabling a lot of apps now I've 372+ mb free ram.
bennnn
Visitor

Just to review that my SP is still too slow since I upgrade to 4.3
I restore the factory settings it is totally better but still slow sometimes... Sometimes my Sp is lagging for 1 or 2 minutes with sometimes a vibration... I will send it to customers service... I paid 300 € for a mobile as fast as my 3 years old one....
Madp01
Visitor

My Xperia SP was unacceptably slow after installing Android 4.3 using "Sony Bridge for Mac".

Some workarounds (such as uninstalling the Chrome updates) did not fully solve the issue.

So I backed up the phone (using PC Companion for Windows) and reinstalled the latest version (12.1.A.0.266) using Sony Update Service (SUS).

After SUS had finished,I restored the data but I had to manually reinstall the apps from Google Play.

The phone is now quite faster and much more responsive than before. Also, the amount of free RAM has increased (about 300 MB with only the Settings app running, and some widgets).

So before going back to 4.1.2 I suggest to try this way to fix 4.3.

PrashantSagar
Visitor

Sir can u plz tell me how you changed from 4.3 to 4.1.2 again??? Thanks in advance.