Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Danial-mach1
Leader

what apps you install?any task killer or battery saver?

matt_pl
Visitor

I did an update to 4.3 from 4.1 on Saturday. My Xperia SP comes from a polish operator. Phone became extremely slow after the update. It takes ages for the dial pad to show up after I press a call button on a home screen. Built-in e-mail application opens up very long. When phone's locked I cannot easily unlock it with a pattern because touch screen is unresponsive and pattern draws only after a second approach. Home screen shows after a long delay when any application is opened. I did not have these problems with 4.1. Sony please fix this.

Danial-mach1
Leader

did you try reset to factory?

chillipade
Visitor

Guys sent in to the service center for 2 hrs and it will perform better than b4 the upgrade..... Cos I also face the same problem.... Now I'm happy with the upgrade.... 🙂
Bugsy
Visitor

Same here, very slow, crashes, turns itself off. Tried to do a USB debug no good at all, tried PC companion, managed to hang my PC twice.

My problem I am only just into my two year contract or the phone would be going straight back.

Sony seem to be very little help with their emails!

orodo
Visitor

my xperia is also too slow, sony took so long to provide an update and still does **bleep**, sony is incompetent. when will settle this **bleep** updated their incompetent? I live in Brazil and I'm going to pursue legal action against sony Brazil.

Guruanju
Visitor

Hi
Guruanju
Visitor

I have update my sony xperia to 4.3 version but my phone is getting too much slow and RAM is now left only 119mb
Plz guide us what to do
Danial-mach1
Leader

Perform reset to factory

thehrao
Visitor

Ok, I have discovered another glitch in the 4.3 update. when i connect it to the charger, the screen doesnt turn off automatically, unless you press the power button. I dont understand what people at sony are doing. how could one update have so many glitches. 

Sony please take out the bugs, please, soon.