Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
srayoflight
Visitor

I was happy with Sp before update. Now it is sluggish and stalls. Never had these problems before. Disappointed.
thehrao
Visitor

I have the same problem, applications get turned off giving errors, chrome takes forever to open, so do all other apps like viber, skype, whatsapp. I have done a factory reset, but nothing. Still lags, annoyingly slow. Please make this better. I have had the.phone for few days only when the update came out and now its a disaster. Please help.
thehrao
Visitor

I hope sony take care of this problem immediately by launching a more sane version of this update or the next one real soon.

kuko
Visitor

This update is horrible.
The phone become too slow. It freeze and lags all the time. Maps takes up to 30 seconds to start. My task manager can't clean all of the cash anymore. To much time to load messages and phonebook.
Never had such problems with 4.1 version.
3 times factory reset and 2 times preinstallation through Pc companion.
At least the light effects are working fine now.
frantizsekk
Contributor

PCC is good for nothing. You have to use sony update service. That helped me a lot. It takes more time, bcs it is about 780mb reinstal of the whole os. PCC has made my phone extremly slow, never again.

kuko
Visitor

I'll try again with SUS, but really hope Sony will fix this update. I don't want to know what will it be with KitKat, if they ever decide to release it for SP.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
M76
Visitor

yeah well  impossible if you're not on windows 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Use sony bridge.

alexdon
thehrao
Visitor

Hey SONY! 

can anyone give a solution except reinstalling through SUS, cuz i have tried that and it doesnt work. it improve the speed undoubtedly, but as soon as i installed a few apps, it started lagging again. Please let us know if anyone is working on improving the 4.3 update. Please tell, cuz i need to decide if i am going keep the SP. 

Thanks