Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S[4.0.4] not detecting on PC Companion [windows 7 64]

SOLVED
Boyaxnxtdoor
Visitor

Xperia S[4.0.4] not detecting on PC Companion [windows 7 64]

Hi,

Its almost half a day trying to solve this issue. I've went here and there but still not solving my problem. I'm trying mount my internal storage, trying to connect to My computer [OS: WINDOWS 7 64 BIT]. I've tried to check the device manager, I'm seeing the LT26i with a yellow exclamation point. However, I can't connect to the computer, copy files, etc. It seems that the PC companion can't detect the Xperia phone.

What I've done so far:

1) reinstall PC companion (I downloaded via Sony Website) + reboot , an error found in the installation of MTP.

2) Enable USB debugging + plug in to computer, Auto play found and ask to install the PC Companion but failed in MTP installation. There's an error pop up about MS-DOS ..

Please Please Please. I love the Phone but sad to say even a simple step connecting to computer can't be done by SONY XPERIA!?

Additional:

Also tried plugging to another USB port, doesn't FIX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boyaxnxtdoor
Visitor

WOW, after 24 hours, I already solved this problem.

so here's the magic. If you are using windows 7, don't know with other OS versions, Be sure that you have the latest Windows Media Player. Instead of installing the PC Companion, i've installed the Sony Media GO, maybe you can browse it on google.

You can't install Media Go if you have no media player installed. Thats the trick.

So after installing Media Player + Media GO, plugged in your Xperia and poof! its a miracle.

You can also install I think the PC Companion. Its already detecting my Xperia S.

WOW now. I love xperia AGAIN. thanks SONY!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Boyaxnxtdoor
Visitor

WOW, after 24 hours, I already solved this problem.

so here's the magic. If you are using windows 7, don't know with other OS versions, Be sure that you have the latest Windows Media Player. Instead of installing the PC Companion, i've installed the Sony Media GO, maybe you can browse it on google.

You can't install Media Go if you have no media player installed. Thats the trick.

So after installing Media Player + Media GO, plugged in your Xperia and poof! its a miracle.

You can also install I think the PC Companion. Its already detecting my Xperia S.

WOW now. I love xperia AGAIN. thanks SONY!

nathieboy
Visitor

This worked me, you sir are an absolute legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivsprasad
Visitor

sitting with my fingers crossed while installing the mediago............if it works.....I shall be really thankful to you ....

Schtynx
Visitor

None of above work for me. Sony?? it`s 2015 and that crapp still useless, please do something about it this decade. I can`t even uninstall it! as always Vlc comes with help, but the problem remains.