Join now - be part of our community!

WARN - This file is ignored :simlock.ta

SOLVED
Hamzaalkamel
Visitor

WARN - This file is ignored :simlock.ta

I know that this question was brought up before but I couldn't find a way to solve my problem 😕
my problem is that after I dropped my phone into water the screen were off so I took my phone to a local company to fix it for me
after they changed the screen they noticed that my phone isn't recognizing any sim card inserted
so they performed several tests and concluded that it isn't a hardware situation
I took my phone back after that and tried to re-flash the stock rom "notice that the phone isn't rooted or unlocked bootloader or anything"
but still the same problem :'(
and each time I flash it says "WARN - This file is ignored :simlock.ta"
also note that my phone isn't locked to any company
plz help:'(
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Non at all - But I have seen this sort of thing on 2nd had phones that are contract phones but the owner has sold it and not paid any bills which then results in the phone been blocked - However if this is your phone from day 1 and any bills are paid then I'd say which I'm sure you have done and that is to make sure you are using a proper micro sim and not a cut down one - If you have then it would appear from reading that it is a hardware fault - Possibly a damaged connection ie: Connector pin etc.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hamzaalkamel
Visitor

searched the entire world wide Web
and no help at all:-\
everyone keeps talking about bootloader and failed OTAs or locked sim cards 😕
Thommo
Genius

If your Phone is unlocked or Sim free as some would call it then the Simlock file is ignored as this is for locked phones to a network

Hamzaalkamel
Visitor

that seems legit 😄
but is there any link between this file and the fact that this phon isn't accepting any Sims??
Hamzaalkamel
Visitor

I really hope that it isn't a hardware issue
I have financial issues this time of year 😕
Thommo
Genius

Non at all - But I have seen this sort of thing on 2nd had phones that are contract phones but the owner has sold it and not paid any bills which then results in the phone been blocked - However if this is your phone from day 1 and any bills are paid then I'd say which I'm sure you have done and that is to make sure you are using a proper micro sim and not a cut down one - If you have then it would appear from reading that it is a hardware fault - Possibly a damaged connection ie: Connector pin etc.

Hamzaalkamel
Visitor

okay then I'll go back to try to fix 😞
hope everything will be OK!
thank for the advice
and yes this phone isn't a contract phone
Zheljko
Visitor

It seems to me that you lost your IMEI number. Try chechking by typing *#06# in your phone dialer. If you get something like IMEI 00000000 than you'll need to find a stock rom and flash it. Also i don't know if it's related, but try enabling USB Debbuging in phone settings, and try ticking the "Skip the final verification" box in FlashTool. This worked for me, i hope it works for you.

ali_seraji
Visitor

hi, i have the same problem with my z3 xperia

after taking pics in pool there is no signal,

did you fix it ???