Join now - be part of our community!

W995 Music transfer problem from PC using Media Go?

SOLVED
Not applicable

W995 Music transfer problem from PC using Media Go?

I have been trying to transfer music ripped with Media Go to my W995. The music appears to transfer with full track listing on phone. When I try and play the music on my phone nothing happens. I have no problems transferring photographs.

Can anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

OK, first try transferring the music from your PC to phone by simple File transfer, without using the Media Go: Connect via USB as normal and when your phone appears as a removable storage device on the PC, open it and copy and paste one of your ripped CD's into the memory card's music folder.If you still can't play the tracks this way, I would suggest you download the SE Update service to your PC and run it on your phone.Let me know what works.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dr_Chris
Champion

Does this happen with every CD you rip?

Not applicable

Only tryed a couple and it happened both times. Usage on memory stick indicates the space is being taken up, just wont play.

Dr_Chris
Champion

OK, try this: from your main menu go to Media--Settings--Update media: let it update and see if that restores your music.If it doesn't, what exactly happens when you try and play, i.e., do you get some sort of error message?

Not applicable

Ripped and transferred another CD no problem, all track info on phone. Select play nothing happens, press play button again, flashes up failed. Tryed 'Update Media', made no difference.

Dr_Chris
Champion

Could be a problem with the memory card. If you rip/transfer a track to the phone memory, will it play then?

Not applicable

Tryed saving one track to phone memory and swopping memory stick for original that came with phone. Same result both times. Can select tracks using Media Go from memory stick and can play them through laptop using Media Go. Puzzled!!!!! Any other ideas?

Dr_Chris
Champion

OK, first try transferring the music from your PC to phone by simple File transfer, without using the Media Go: Connect via USB as normal and when your phone appears as a removable storage device on the PC, open it and copy and paste one of your ripped CD's into the memory card's music folder.If you still can't play the tracks this way, I would suggest you download the SE Update service to your PC and run it on your phone.Let me know what works.

Not applicable

Finally we got there, thanks for sticking with it. Used Windows Explorer to drag and drop ripped CD into Albums folder in memory stick. Played first time. Will now try update of phone software.

Regards AmarkH

Dr_Chris
Champion

No worries.I hope the software update will sort the problem out with Media Go, which is supposed to be the ideal way of transferring media because it deals with file format incompatibilities.If it doesn't, I would suggest you de-install and re-install the application.