Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen not working

SOLVED
Not applicable

Touchscreen not working

Hello,

Yesterday i saw i had a text message and wanted to read it. When i slid to get lock of half way it stopped, flickered and got back in begin posistion.

Since then i cant use my touch screen. Battery removing and such doenst work. Cant do a repair cause cant use my touchscreen to get in required usb modus.... Any1 got somne ideas?

Regards,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

oops oops oops,, signifies a hardware issue,,
sad for you,, Slightly_frowning_Face

give a last try using SUS if still not successful then you need to visit service center to get it done
all the best buddy Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nabeel
Master

Update/Repair your phone via PCC OR SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)  

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

both the links are same

Not applicable

Am trying now Slightly_smiling_Face Cheers for the fast reply. I knew i could repair with pcc, but it just doesnt show when u have ur phone connected. I did already try SUS, but it asks me to get phone in usb connection mode or something, u just have to drag status bar etc etc... But that part is hard when ur touchscreen isnt working.

Regards,

Dennis

Not applicable

I did got it to update, but that wasnt the issue it seems. Still same probs, still cant use touchscreen.

Cheers for help though!

Regards,

Dennis

Nabeel
Master

wait a minute , was software repair successful ?
for sus you don't need to drag any bar down.

did you install sus ?
after installing it on your computer, ( don't connect your mobile) open the application ( sus) select your phone and follow the steps
remember you need 50 % battery for it to work

Not applicable

I think i did it wrong with SUS. However thanks to ur reply earlier in this post i was able to do the update using PCC. When i booted phone after update for the first time there is a blue screen instead of my "own" picture background, and clock resetted. So i concluded it did update.

Still, didnt fix the touch problem though Slightly_frowning_Face

Regards,

Dennis

Nabeel
Master

oops oops oops,, signifies a hardware issue,,
sad for you,, Slightly_frowning_Face

give a last try using SUS if still not successful then you need to visit service center to get it done
all the best buddy Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Installing SUS as we speak... Errrr type Slightly_smiling_Face

Yeah i think its a hardware issue aswell, but had to try. Weird though, it just stopped working... And i take good care of my phone Slightly_frowning_Face

Second SE that breaks down with some vague error... Hoping i get more response from SE now though.

Cheers for the help Nabeel!

Nabeel
Master

Slightly_smiling_Face welcome Dennis

Do tell me once you get your phone repaired Slightly_smiling_Face