Join now - be part of our community!

From Vivaz to Xperia Ray

SOLVED
ebclau_yahoo_co
Visitor

From Vivaz to Xperia Ray

I purchased an Xperia Ray and found that Sony PC Companian no longer works as it did with Vivaz. Now I would like to know

1. How do I copy my messages to my PC
  2. How to edit my contacts on my PC and
  3. Will it help if I upgrade to Android 4

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ebclau_yahoo_co
Visitor

Your suggestion is very helpful. Your hint on USB is GREAT! Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
santam1
Contributor

Hi,

1. There's bunch of applications available in google play (android market) just search and you can try any of them...if you can't let me know...I'll try and post it here...

2. Editing contact from pc companion is not possible so all you need to do is sync you're contacts with gmail then edit through there...

Here's how to do...

Go to contacts>press the menu button>backup contacts to memory card then delete all contacts press menu> delete then go to menu>setting>account and sync>google>check the contact box and activate auto sync

Go back to contacts then press menu button>import contacts>select memory card>then select create contacts under google that's all it will be synced with you're gmail account

Now go to gmail from computer log in select contacts and you can edit you're contacts and it will be automatically synced in you're phone...

*please note.

You need a worksite data connection for you're phone and you're phone must be  signed up with google

3. Yes you're phone will be upgraded to 4.0

If you got anymore quarry please keep me updated....

suze
Leader

There is also a really great PC based app called My Phone Explorer downloadable from here

FJ Software Development

It's very similar to the old style PC Suite for Sony Ericsson and loads of people (me included) use it here.

Have a look at it and see what you think.  One word of advice your phone needs to have USB debugging ticked.... Settings>Applications>Development and tick USB Debugging.

Hope it helps.

ebclau_yahoo_co
Visitor

Your suggestion is very helpful. Your hint on USB is GREAT! Thanks a lot.