Join now - be part of our community!

Starting Navigator kills 3G connection

SOLVED
Not applicable

Starting Navigator kills 3G connection

I've had my new Xperia Ray a few days. I bought it sim-free and it's on Vodafone. It is running 4.0.2.A.0.62. All is fine until I try to use Navigator or Maps or any app that uses the GPS. When I do, the GPS icon appears, and after a few seconds the 3G icon disappears. It never comes back, even when I exit the app, and the internet connection really is gone. If I go to the home page, disable mobile data and re-enable it, the 3G icon and the connection come back, and all is well again until I try to use one of the GPS apps. This is 100% repeatable.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does this sound like a handset fault?

Thanks,

--John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
santam1
Contributor

Glad to hear it's working... Well I think...there was something problem related to the setting of any application or even the internet setting...which was clashing with GPS so after this setting reset it resets the setting to the default value...

Don't forget to mark my answer as correct and helpful...:D

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
santam1
Contributor

Hi,

I don't think...you're handset is faulty...mmm

Try this...go to menu>setting>privacy>setting reset...then again download the internet setting through the setup guide...and try again..

Keep me updated...:D

Not applicable

Wow! That seems to have fixed it! Thanks very much. Do you know *why* that fixed it?

--John

santam1
Contributor

Glad to hear it's working... Well I think...there was something problem related to the setting of any application or even the internet setting...which was clashing with GPS so after this setting reset it resets the setting to the default value...

Don't forget to mark my answer as correct and helpful...:D