Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia SP won't turn on.

SOLVED
Selecao
Visitor

Sony Xperia SP won't turn on.

Two days ago my Sony Xperia SP randomly shut off while i was checking the time. It had about 80% battery life and went off. I tried to turn it back on. reset it with the button near the battery, go through Sony PC Companion and nothing. When i connect it to the PC/Outlet Adapter the LED bar turns green for about 5 seconds, turns off, turns red and Sony pops up on the screen as if its booting up but then it shuts back off and repeats. Sometimes it doesnt even do that and the LED bar stays glitched on red or green for 5-10min. Any idea whats wrong or how to fix?

14 REPLIES 14
rakeshSP1
Visitor

replace your battery and enjoy.

do not replace pcb board , flshing fim ware and flashmode etc which are not going to help you.

Lovelioness
Visitor

Just did a bit of googling as this just happened with my phone. I know this posts old so your problem is most likely long gone but i managed to fix my phone by taking the cover from the back, sticking something pointy into the little round hole marked OFF and whilst this is pressed in hold the volume button up and the power button all at the same time until you feel a vibration. Worked with mine

badgerwaxer
Visitor

I have had to reset my SP almost EVERY day for weeks!

Now it got hot while charging, shut off (which it does every second day!) and now it WON'T TURN ON!

Holding power and volume keys did nothing. Phone was at 90% when it shut off. Not even two years of use.

Tags (1)
prowler1
Visitor

Hi all,

A few days ago i had the same problem as you. My SP is officially dead. The thing is that i made a progress and and i'd like to understand some things. I read an article about testpoints of SP and the s1tool. I check the testpoint and i noticed that nothing goes right. My s1tool output is something like that:

Welcome to S1 tool.
That is small and crippled subset of SETOOL2 service tool.

SELECT FIRMWARE PACKAGES
YOU CAN SELECT SEVERAL PACKAGES WITH CTRL BUTTON
CHECKING PACKAGES ...

DETACH USB CABLE FROM PHONE
REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE
ATTACH TESTPOINT
PRESS "READY", THEN ATTACH USB CABLE TO PHONE

UNEXPECTED COMMAND 01000000
Elapsed:17 secs.

TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

ST18 Xperia RAY,ST15 Xperia Mini,SK17 Xperia Mini Pro
and Sony Xperia phone
PRESS AND HOLD "Volume Down" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW
Waiting for phone ...

RUNNING S1_BOOT VER "R11B023"
LOADER AID: 0001
DEVICE ID: D30BD903
FLASH ID: "0003/00000015"
LOADER VERSION: "R5G008"

MODEL (from GDFS): C5303
SOFTWARE VERSION: 1269-3538_12.1.A.1.205
CUSTOM VERSION: 1272-4891_R3B
FILESYSTEM VERSION: GLOBAL-LTE_12.1.A.1.205
SERIAL NO: YT9108RNA1

Elapsed:11 secs.

As you see the phone is recognized by my pc. The thing is that all this happens ONLY when i have the battery pulled off. When i pull on the battery again the phone starts with red light and few minutes later red light stops. Also i'd like to mention that everything is ok when the battery is off (Flash mode, Fastboot mode). And i have 2 batteries 1 old and 1 brand new. So what is this? Its a hardware problem or something about TA lost???? PLS Help me.

Best Regards.

Nazrul
Visitor

If the phone is not turn on how can PC campanion recognize the phone?

I tried to do as per you instruction, when I click repair my phone, then it gives me a message, remove USB cable then turn on you phone. In this case what should I do. When I charging, only "SONY" is coming and going in display. nothing more. Charging light is coming Red and Green. Pls. advice me.