Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia SP won't turn on.

SOLVED
Selecao
Visitor

Sony Xperia SP won't turn on.

Two days ago my Sony Xperia SP randomly shut off while i was checking the time. It had about 80% battery life and went off. I tried to turn it back on. reset it with the button near the battery, go through Sony PC Companion and nothing. When i connect it to the PC/Outlet Adapter the LED bar turns green for about 5 seconds, turns off, turns red and Sony pops up on the screen as if its booting up but then it shuts back off and repeats. Sometimes it doesnt even do that and the LED bar stays glitched on red or green for 5-10min. Any idea whats wrong or how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

Danial-mach1
Leader

if uliwooly advice didn't work try performing software repair by SUS

ExiaZX
Visitor

Hey, I had  the same problem, but SUS didn't work. What do I do now? I had my Xperia SP for 5 months now and I really liked it. Sad for it to be done already. :smileyconfused::smileyconfused:

hannah03
Visitor

Hi, I have had exactly the same issue as you described, in the last 24 hours and am unable to find a resolution. I have tried all the suggested solutions without success. Can you please advise if you got the phone working and if so how  you did. 

Harriet
Visitor

Hi,

Last week my phone wasn't charging and then just died. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Sent it off for repair and they've said its my fault as the phone seems to have moisture damage. I have only had this phone for 2 months and this seems a very common problem in regards to not turning on. I now have to pay £150 for a new phone for something that wasn't my fault. 

Seems like Sony have created a seriously dodgy phone.

Vigi583
Visitor

Same thing happened to my phone. No moisture or any other cause. It just shut down after being charged.

It now works only when connected to a charger and on AC power. When disconnected from the power outlet, the phone shuts down. It cannot start while on battery. Amazing. And the phone is only 10 months old.

SUS does not have xperia SP in the list of phone models! could not use it for this reason. 

Is this severe battery malfunction related to the recent software upgrade???

The battery is embedded. It cannot be simply replaced. This is a big design fault in my view. But if the problem is related to the internal software and not to the battery itself then the software should be fixed. Is Sony working to resolve this issue and provide direct support??

Thanks!

Visitor

there is same problem. my phone getting hot suddenly and turned off. now I'm failed to turn it on. what should I do ? pls help.
Vigi583
Visitor

I gave the phone to the local Sony official distributor service lab to check what was wrong. It was found out that it was not a battery or charger issue, it was a software issue. It was probably a result of the recent phone software update. 

The lab reset the phone and re-installed the system software. The service was quick and friendly. The phone was now perfectly OK. I had to re-configure it again but that was that. 

It might be software problem, but it also might be a charger, cable or battery issue. Better give it to Sony to check, even if the phone was not purchased from this distributor but in another country, they will usually provide the service.

richbitchcazz
Visitor

Hi,, my display has been going funny.fades into a yellow tint then comes back normal? Also I couldnt switch my phone back on today It wouldnt even charge not lights showing, ( also very hot) I took my sim card out and had to wait for a few hours then I tried again on charge, eventually I got it back but scared it will do it again only had the phone for 6 mths