Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TrackID 3.60.39

SOLVED
Veresova
Contributor

Sony TrackID 3.60.39

Sony release a new version of TrackID 3.60.39

How to update? The discussions that if you read it downloads and installs it in the phone are two applications (old and new).

Original remove and install new or is there another procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus1
Leader

The pre-installed Track ID version will let you know if it needs to be updated (when you start the app). If you downloaded the app from Google play you need to go here, navigate to My apps, tap on Track ID and then tap on Update. These two apps are different and does not have the same version number.

If you have two versions it probably means you've installed the one from Google play even though you already had it pre-loaded.

The version in Google play is mainly meant for the Android phones that doesn't have Track ID from start (e.g. non-Sony phones).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Nabeel
Master

this version 3.60.39 is totally new version, u can consider it as different app.

old track id and new track id are 2 different apps , if you install the new version, it won't replace the older version or get updated

and u cannot uninstall the older version untill you root, as it came with the mobile

However if you want to use the new version, you will have to keep the old as well

Markus1
Leader

The pre-installed Track ID version will let you know if it needs to be updated (when you start the app). If you downloaded the app from Google play you need to go here, navigate to My apps, tap on Track ID and then tap on Update. These two apps are different and does not have the same version number.

If you have two versions it probably means you've installed the one from Google play even though you already had it pre-loaded.

The version in Google play is mainly meant for the Android phones that doesn't have Track ID from start (e.g. non-Sony phones).

Veresova
Contributor

Thank you.

Not applicable

I Have the MTI15 xperia neo and when I open Track Id it tells me there is an update, but when I select update now a message pops up in my notification bar saying cannot download. Please help

sushantnkiri
Visitor

Same problem.

I have Neo V, it shows same error.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34447

Markus1
Leader

Are we talking about the pre-loaded Track ID app or the one installed from Play Store?

Check that you have a working internet connection (try both 3G and Wi-Fi to be sure) and try again.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Bobeobi
Contributor

Same problem. So called pre-loaded app saying it is new update and couldn't update, so the only way to get it - download from Market. And then we have 2 separate apps

sushantnkiri
Visitor

About the pre installed one which comes integrated.

When i run the app,it shows an update is there, when try to update it.

It tells can't download. Data connecetion is proper.

Pls follow this link. http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34447

Markus1
Leader

I just got the "update available" message myself now. Got one a few weeks ago which worked fine. I thought we were talking about the same now.

This one however did not install on the first attempt. There seems to be a problem with the service rather than with the phones.

My colleague sitting next to me could update just now but not yesterday. I'm still unable to update.

So - I'll monitor this problem but for now I think we can wait and see if it works later today or tomorrow. If not I will report this.