Join now - be part of our community!

SIM 1 Slot not shown

SOLVED
Prince_Jeba
Visitor

SIM 1 Slot not shown

Dear Sony Team,
I have ST21i2. Last night it has affected by overdue water in paddy field.

I went to Service Center in Tirunelveli. The Service person opened the back cover and straight away he advised me, the PCB is getting problem due to water & you should change PCB it cost nearly new mobile. I doesn't understand I uses the same mobile and write this complaint using same. He doesn't ready to check my mobile in his work shop.

Actually I need What is the real factor of the Subject. If the water is getting inside the whole PCB can be damage.

Need Support and suggest to recover my mobile.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, your phone has been exposed to water? The mainboard is one of the more expensive parts of the phone. If water has entered the phone, functions can stop work and in worst case the phone may not work at all.

Since repairs are handled at a local level, I suggest that you contact your Local support for further information about warranty and repairs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, your phone has been exposed to water? The mainboard is one of the more expensive parts of the phone. If water has entered the phone, functions can stop work and in worst case the phone may not work at all.

Since repairs are handled at a local level, I suggest that you contact your Local support for further information about warranty and repairs.

Prince_Jeba
Visitor

Warranty period is finished. Is there any chances of SIM IC problem? Because Second SIM is working properly. If it's possible please support me.
Hampus
Champion

Unfortunately, I'm not a technician so I can't say what the problem may be. But as far as I know, the SIM-card reader is attached to the mainboard and therefore, the whole mainboard needs to be exchanged if the SIM-reader is faulty.

Prince_Jeba
Visitor

Oh ok. Is there any chance to change the SIM reader alone? If I going to change main board looks like bought a new mobile isn't it?
Hampus
Champion

No, that is not possible. When the mainboard is changed, the phone will get a new IMEI-number. The outside of the phone will still be the same.

Prince_Jeba
Visitor

Oh ok sir. Thank you for your support
Prince_Jeba
Visitor

My mobile working properly unexpected from yesterday 10 AM onwards. Unbelievable.