Join now - be part of our community!

PC Companion don't find my Xperia S on Win7 64bit

SOLVED
Not applicable

PC Companion don't find my Xperia S on Win7 64bit

I've been trying to connect my phone to my dearest Win7/64bits. Do I need Windows Media Player to the PC Companion find my device? I'm asking because my windows is Ultimate K (which doesn't have Windows Media Player).

In the mean time I'll be installing it (Windows Media Player), but I think it's valuable to register that it's a requirement, if so.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Hi

The phone connects in MTP mode and Windows drivers for MTP comes with the updates for Windows Media Player.

thus you need to have it and make sure you have the lates version Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nabeel
Master

Hi

The phone connects in MTP mode and Windows drivers for MTP comes with the updates for Windows Media Player.

thus you need to have it and make sure you have the lates version Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

So I believe that Sony should list this in the Requirements for the PC Companion, it would have saved me around 3 hours and nearly flashing my new phone ROM Dizzy_Face

But many thanks for letting us know !!!

craigo
Visitor

I'm not sure that's the (only) solution as I have Win7/64bits running a fully up-to-date version of Windows Media Player and my PC Companion still fails to connect my Xperia S 99% of the time.

Any other ideas?

Nabeel
Master