Join now - be part of our community!

Notification sound issues

SOLVED
RobZaleta
Visitor

Notification sound issues

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. Thing is I didn't want to upgrade to lollipop but the phone started restarting by itself, freezing and a screen with "facebook has stopped" or "google services has stopped" will appear constantly in the las few days. I had to perform a factory reset and when I did, the phone upgraded by itself to lollipop. Everything seemed to be working fine but now even I assign an specific notification  tone for each contact whenever I receive a whatsapp message it will not work and the standard notification tone will sound instead. I was so used to identify whoever was whatsappin' me just by the notification tone and now I can't. Do you know if this is a common issue related to the lollipop upgrade? or does it have to do with the factory reset and I might need to uninstall/install the whatsapp app? If this has todo with the l upgrade it will be so frustrating because nowadays nobody on the world actually calls but texts and it is more useful to have an specific notification sound for each texter... Thank you guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RobZaleta

Boot on safe mode, if you don't experience those pop ups, then it's a third pary app that you've downloaded

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Uninstall any Antivirus, taskillers, notification apps and check again
RobZaleta
Visitor

Thank you for replying. I uninstalled trend micro and cm locker, which is a cool locker hehe, but it didnt work...I am going to uninstall and install whatsapp now and see what happens. Thank you, any other suggestion? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RobZaleta

Boot on safe mode, if you don't experience those pop ups, then it's a third pary app that you've downloaded

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

RobZaleta
Visitor

Thank you much for your help, you were right it wasn't the software but whatsapp itself. You have to adjust the settings from it for every contact to have a parcitular sound. Thank yous o much my friend.Cheers Rob
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RobZaleta

anytime