Join now - be part of our community!

Not able to root Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i)

SOLVED
sonuame
Visitor

Not able to root Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i)

I tried almost every possible way to root my Xperia mini pro as mentioned in the XDA developers forums but no success.

Please provide me the proper firmware locaions and procedure to root my SK17i.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

The true way to gain root access is to use a custom ROM which allows this. And to use a custom you need to unlock your boot loader.

You should not unlock your boot loader and install a custom ROM if you do not know what you're doing. But if you want to, make sure that you are aware of possible consequences. Read all the information on this site: http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Johan
Master

The true way to gain root access is to use a custom ROM which allows this. And to use a custom you need to unlock your boot loader.

You should not unlock your boot loader and install a custom ROM if you do not know what you're doing. But if you want to, make sure that you are aware of possible consequences. Read all the information on this site: http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sonuame
Visitor

Hi...

Thanks for your support,,

I unlocked my bootloader and got succeeded what exactly i was looking for. But I am little more concern about the things I have violated.....

As, after unlocking I wont be able to install the official Firmware as well as the ROM updates via SEUS. I tried it says "Phone contains modified Software and cannot be updated"

In my Country (India) official ICS for SK17i is still not yet launched. As per Developer Blogs, it might be available in Apr end...

Will I be able to update my Xperia Mini Pro with that official ICS or I have to download the 3rd party ROM and install it manually....??

Will Sony Ericsson provide the Download-able version of the ROM so that I can Flash my device manually...??

How can i get that ROM flashed in my Device now....??

I am sorry, everywhere else it was not mentioned that SEUS will stop working aftr that...SE also mentioned that you may void your warrenty(thts not a big deal).. thts it...

james9891
Visitor

Well you have 2 options-either install custom ROM or relock the bootloader as it is not necessary to unlock the bootloader for rooting.

Anyways the official ICS FW will come first and then custom ones.

To relock bootloader follow this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254225

sonuame
Visitor

hi..

thank u for your support

but i guess this time i did something wrong with my device

after relocking when i switched on my handset its resolution ws

very high...

everything ws big. big buttons. big fonts contents out of screen margins

etc etc...

i exaxctly dont hv any idea what i hv done..may b i flashed the wrong

stock rom to my device of xperia ray or neo may be

i tried searching it everywhere on xda but didnt got the solution

so finally i had to change the rom and kernal...

you have any link to share regarding this issue...

it will be very much usefull...

thankx in advance...

james9891
Visitor

try using X10 flasher and use SK17i_4.0.2.A.0.58_GLOBAL.ftf

james9891
Visitor

I was not able to find the link for the FW online, hence created a torrent for this myself

The link is: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7129823

Plz note I can only seed on Sundays

sonuame
Visitor

Hello James,,

I have put on downloading but i am not getting any response from the peer.

Its showing 2 seeds although

I am sharing you the log

"[2012-03-25 12:56:58]  192.168.0.22:22927 [uTP](SK17i 4.0.2.A.0.58 Global): Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2012-03-25 12:57:03]  Error opening Windows firewall: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

[2012-03-25 12:57:06]  123.237.141.251:22927 [uTP](SK17i 4.0.2.A.0.58 Global): Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer"

I have a Stock ROM available with me with the name of "SK17i_4.0.A.2.368_GENERIC_(1244-7088).ftf"

is it the same one you're sending to me...?? I have no Idea

Or else I have my Own FTP server, you can upload to that too if its possible

Thanks for your quick responses

james9891
Visitor

It is I believe a slightly diff variant but should work