Join now - be part of our community!

My active won't turn on, help?

SOLVED
ShedoSurashu
Visitor

My active won't turn on, help?

When I woke up this morning my phone was turned off so I try to turn it on by holding the power button, it only flashes the LED (red) 3 times between short pauses, no vibrations then stays turned off.

Next, I tried to plug the charger in then holding the power button. still the same symptoms as above.

Lastly, I tried plugging the charger / connector to my laptop then plugging the phone in. When I did that, the red LED shows 1 blink on intervals as opposed from the 3 blinks above.

Can anyone explain what this is? How do I resolve it? I know I still have my warranty but I want at least try and fix it because I don't like going out on weekends (the days of the week where I get to rest) so I'd rather try a fix here at home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, suggest leaving phone to charge for some time.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, suggest leaving phone to charge for some time.

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

I'll do that. But I left it fully charged, what happened then? Why would it snuff the battery out in just a few hours (I just slept around 7 hours).

gwhispererz
Champion

Don't really have the answer for you .... could be apps runnings in the background draining the battery, could be software glitch, could be faulty battery or hardware issue ... etc.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

By the way, did you try removing and reinserting battery?

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Yes, a few times already and yeah, laeving it to charge seemed to be the solution. I was just a bit perplexed at how it could drain the battery at such a short time. It normally fared well on my day-to-day usage but only for that one night it drained super fast.

gwhispererz
Champion

I guess you just have to monitor your phone, see if you can find the root cause.

Did you install any app lately which you think might be the cause? (app will be the first to be looked at).

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

None as of the last 2 days or more. Is the battery testing under *#*#7378423#*#* going to be worth the several hours of waiting for it to finish the test?

gwhispererz
Champion

Nope, don't bother about that test, the test will probably take days (instead of hours).

If problem happens again, suggest you perform a software repair. In the meantime, monitor your phone, hopefully it won't happen again.

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

I had the impression that the test will simply monitor how long til my battery dies so thanks for the heads up. Slightly_smiling_Face I guess you're right, I'll just hope for the best.

gwhispererz
Champion

Fingers crossed. Slightly_smiling_Face