Join now - be part of our community!

Lost the messaging icon on the front page

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost the messaging icon on the front page

In making some changes to the home page of my phone I seem to have lost the icon that takes you to your messages -- the one that consists of a 4x4 grids of small squares.

How to I retreive that and return to a more conventional home page? Better still how can I arrange a homepage that has the media icon, the text icon, the phone icon, the contacts icon and the settings icon along the bottom? (see http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-s/phone/gsmarena_001.jpg)

TFH TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Hi, have you lost the whole bar that is present at the bottom including the menu button ?
If so then restart your phone and see if it helps Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RussianOne1
Visitor

If I understand you correctly you just need to restore your icons back.

To bring icon to the home screen you need to do the following:

1. place you finger anywhere on the free space of your screen, i.e. space, which is not taken by any other icon

2. menu will appear for you to choose, which kind of object to place on the screen. You can choose shortcuts and applications. Each of your desired icons might be in any of these categories.

3. Choose the one, which you need and it will appear on your screen

4. now you can move it to the bottom bar of the screen. Press the icon for a second and it will move under your finger and will be ready to move to the bottom bar.

5. If there is no space on the bottom bar just move icons from this bar in exactly the same way

6. If you need to create a folder (this 4x4 you are referring to) move one icon on top of the other and the phone will automatically offer to create folder, which you can name as you please.

That should be enough.

Alternatively do factory reset. You will lose data though.

Nabeel
Master

Hi, have you lost the whole bar that is present at the bottom including the menu button ?
If so then restart your phone and see if it helps Slightly_smiling_Face