Join now - be part of our community!

Its end of March. Just confirm that ICS update will be coming this week.Thats all. We have the right to know. Please.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Its end of March. Just confirm that ICS update will be coming this week.Thats all. We have the right to know. Please.

The blog said end of march. But there is no sign of it anywhere. If we search google,only galaxy s2 and htc phones come up. Atleast give us a sign. atleast give us something to look forward too. Come on sony mobile. You guys gave us promises before htc and samsung but its them that seeded the update faster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

The blog actually said end of March / beginning of April. 

Keep an eye on the blog as this will be where the announcement will be made that the roll out has started.  In the meantime this article from developer world may be of interest to you so that you can understand what is going on in the background

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/12/07/ice-cream-sandwich-from-source-code-release-to-softwar...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
suze
Leader

The blog actually said end of March / beginning of April. 

Keep an eye on the blog as this will be where the announcement will be made that the roll out has started.  In the meantime this article from developer world may be of interest to you so that you can understand what is going on in the background

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/12/07/ice-cream-sandwich-from-source-code-release-to-softwar...

Nabeel
Master

sony released alpha rom, beta rom , what elese you want as a sign that ICS is on the way,

Sony never fixed a date for the ICS software unlike others . Samsung promised to release on 10th march but released it a much later and believe me, my frind got it( he has S2) and he is unsatisfied

Our ics is under heavy testing . sony is trying to make it as good as possible.

check this http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/172236#172236

what do you want , a buggy software or a bug fixed software

have patience my friend , the day will come when you will have the sofware in your phone

Not applicable

@nabeeraza

Are you working for Sony Mobile? You quoted "Our ics is under heavy testing . sony is trying to make it as good as possible."

Not applicable

Just wanted to check,so you are saying atmost at the end of forst week of April?

Nabeel
Master

no i am not of sony
what i mean by our ICS is we all people.. our sony family...

means ICS of sony

suze
Leader

I am a volunteer moderator on the forum and only have access to the same information that you do ie the product blog and what is generally available on the internet.

I have lived thru the 2.1 and the 2.3 updates and they came when they were ready for the consumer and had all the correct certification for the individual networks.   No amount of consumer pressure can make this happen any quicker, bear in mind that Sony want the product out as quickly as possible to keep its users happy - it would be counter productive to hold on to the update any longer than is absolutely necessary after all.

joeTaco
Visitor

Nabeelraza is so right.   We all want ICS very badly, I know.  However, after reading about the buggy mess that Samsung just released, I am hoping that Sony takes however much time is necessary to deliver a great product.

puric
Visitor

What I need is stable release, if ICS is partly finished then is better to stay with 2.3, no hurry.

suze
Leader

Good to see that common sense is prevailing with some of our users and interesting to see that another company hasn't got it quite right yet.  Lets hope that we get our update in a timely fashion and that when it comes it works 🙂

Also just to point out that Sony are one of the few mobile manufacturers that have their own help and advice forums and also support via Twitter, so whilst they may not get everything perfect they are very 'present' in their consumer arenas and are able to refer information regarding issues directly back to the development teams.