Join now - be part of our community!

how to remove all contacts from phone

SOLVED
Not applicable

how to remove all contacts from phone

I have updated to 2.1 and since  I have done this the contacts are all messed up   How can i remove all of them in the phone , as then i could import the file from my memory card   any help please ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Opssss.... missed out something.

Settings>Applications>Manage applications>MENU (left hard button)>Filter>AllClear data.

Lesson learnt! Better not rely on the user guide too much (experience counts). :smileymischief:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwhispererz
Champion

One easiest and fastest way is by clearing Contacts Storage Data.

From the Home screen, drag upwards, tap Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Contacts Storage>Clear data. Done!

Be very sure that you have backup all your contacts backup before proceeding.

By the way, this is documented in the User Guide, page 35. Winking_Face

Good luck.

Not applicable

Thanks for the info but I have tried this but when I go to to the settings > and look at contact storage > it does not show contact storage > it only shows the applications that I have downloaded from the Market site and I cant find any way of changing this .      I have done what you suggested again and have read the manual again but still no joy .   before updating you could look at all applications on the phone but only gives access to downloaded ones now   Why ??? does any one know what I am doing wrong ???

gwhispererz
Champion

Opssss.... missed out something.

Settings>Applications>Manage applications>MENU (left hard button)>Filter>AllClear data.

Lesson learnt! Better not rely on the user guide too much (experience counts). :smileymischief:

Not applicable

Thanks for that I took off the filter and all is ok   Thanks again for the Answer much appreciated

gwhispererz
Champion

No problem, glad you have sorted it out. Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes

Not applicable

Thanks for giving the information which is NOT even  in the extended X10 guide.  i was puzzling for ages, as was your questioner. Thanks again gwhispererz and also normsky123 for asking the question.

gwhispererz
Champion

No problem ....