Join now - be part of our community!

How to exclude certain folder in the Music Player?

SOLVED
hendra2392
Visitor

How to exclude certain folder in the Music Player?

I keeps a lot of audio files with my phone, from recordings to audio notes (also some data from apps like evernote), and all of them show up in the Music Player. Is there anyway to exclude those folders or maybe make the Music Player to only search in certain locations? I really like the built-in Music Player, so i would like to avoid using another music player for it.

16 REPLIES 16
hendra2392
Visitor

i am not using a memory card, and clearing the app data doesn't work either.

I tried plugging it to PC and added some new music with media go trying to trigger the library update, but it didn't work either.

a related question, when i tried to enable Auto Connect in MSC mode, windows detected it as Xperia Sola, just like it did in MTP mode, is this normal? or do i have to insert an sd card to use it in MSC?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

....Oh, hmm, never tried it on the internal memory.

afaik, you need to have the sd card to be used as the mass storage,

hendra2392
Visitor

well, thats too bad... so i'll have to live with a dead file in my music library, WTH Sony?? i think i'll have to find a way to move all my media files to a memory card once i bought one, and hopefully the dead file won't show up in the library once i do that,

then again, even with a memory card, having to re-insert memory card to refresh the library is ridiculous, even my decade old symbian phone has the option to refresh the library... hope they can get this fixed in a near update...  is there anyway to raise this issue to someone in Sony??

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

did you try to delete via the file explorer? maybe you can try to delete the thumbnails file, but I don't know where it is, maybe Uliwooly can help.

you can pm those people with blue xperia avatars, they are xperia support team.,.

hendra2392
Visitor

pictures and videos was ok, the files are gone from the Gallery when i delete the file, although they seems to ignore the .nomedia

but in case of music files, seems like i had to re-create the file with the same name at the same location, then delete the file again from the Music Player to remove it from the library, again, there should be an 're-scan' option to add new files and remove dead files from the library. Even better if they can give us an option to only scan a certain folder.

Thanks, will PM one of them.

meslahik
Visitor

to re-scan the media on your xperia:

On your phone, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Media Storage. Now hit ‘Clear Data’. This should clear all the cached library information on your phone. (I have a hunch that if you re-write id3 tags without changing the file name, the phone probably won’t refresh the library). It takes time to re-scan all the media on your device.