Join now - be part of our community!

How to exclude certain folder in the Music Player?

SOLVED
hendra2392
Visitor

How to exclude certain folder in the Music Player?

I keeps a lot of audio files with my phone, from recordings to audio notes (also some data from apps like evernote), and all of them show up in the Music Player. Is there anyway to exclude those folders or maybe make the Music Player to only search in certain locations? I really like the built-in Music Player, so i would like to avoid using another music player for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

you can try to put a .nomedia file on those folders using a file manager, (i use ES file explorer)..

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

not w/ the preloaded music app, you need a third party music player

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

you can try to put a .nomedia file on those folders using a file manager, (i use ES file explorer)..

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

it can be used to hide other media too. Winking_Face

hendra2392
Visitor

interesting, will that affect the subfolders as well? e.g. if i put a no media in the root of the sdcard, will it exclude the 'Music' folders as well?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

sometimes it has mixed effects.

music (.nomedia is here)

both album1 and 2 will be exluded from system scan.

hendra2392
Visitor

i see, thats a bit not ideal, but i think it will work, thanks!
btw, how do i refresh the gallery/music player ? i added several .nomedia, but the files are still showing up...

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to put the .nomedia file next to the files you want to exclude,, reboot your phone.

hendra2392
Visitor

its doesn't help. i searched around and seems like there is no easy way to refresh the media library, i even deleted a file, rebooted, and the file is still in the library. how do i force it to re-scan everything?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try reinserting your memory card.

try clearing music player cache and data. settings>apps> all(tab) search for music player. and tap on clear data.