Join now - be part of our community!

Handsfree dialing with Sony VH410 Bluetooth headset

SOLVED
gibbylinks
Visitor

Handsfree dialing with Sony VH410 Bluetooth headset

Help !!

Can I use handsfree dialing on this phone with Sony VH410 Bluetooth headset ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus1
Leader

OK, let get some things straight here.

Android does support one-touch voice dial.

VH410 does not support it however.

Since it support multi point it is not possible to also support voice dial (it's not possible to know which one of the two paired phones the command is meant for).

So - all you need to do is get a headset that support voice dial. If you want one from us I can recommend MW600. I just tested it here to be sure. When these two (phone and headset) are paired, all you need to do is press the call button once, wait a second or two and then say e.g. "Call Fred". Simple as that. Slightly_smiling_Face

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gibbylinks
Visitor

Wow I'm astounded !!

Having googled this it would appear there is a fundamental flaw with Android, and Sony have also neglected it !!!

1st and foremost the primary function of this device is to be a PHONE ??

I'm astounded that Android doesn't appear to have the ability to do One-Touch Voice dialing from a bluetooth headset !! And that Sony haven't picked up on this either !!

All I want to do is press a button on the headset, and say a command "Call Fred Blogs Mobile" and it dials, I don't want to have to touch the phone.  simples. (Not rocket science surely) Angry_Face

I thought Android was a step up over my old Blackberry, (which does this very well) but if it can't do the simple things.

Unless ICS will give it this capability ??

Markus1
Leader

OK, let get some things straight here.

Android does support one-touch voice dial.

VH410 does not support it however.

Since it support multi point it is not possible to also support voice dial (it's not possible to know which one of the two paired phones the command is meant for).

So - all you need to do is get a headset that support voice dial. If you want one from us I can recommend MW600. I just tested it here to be sure. When these two (phone and headset) are paired, all you need to do is press the call button once, wait a second or two and then say e.g. "Call Fred". Simple as that. Slightly_smiling_Face

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

gibbylinks
Visitor

Apologies, Markus and all,

I should have waited for a reply to my original post or researched further before launching an attack.

Markus thanks for your answer, I only want to use the headset in my car so the MW600 is not really what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your assistance and once again apologies :smileyblush: