Join now - be part of our community!

GPS Connectivity

SOLVED
rcreation33
Visitor

GPS Connectivity

I have Xperia Pro and when I open navigation my GPS icon keeps blinking on top of the screen but it don't give any directions, maps, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Hi

First of all, u need a clear view of sky to receive signals from satellite then check following things

For fast response from gps, You need an "active" internet connection( either wifi or network carrier)

then mark these

Settings> location and security> mark "use wireless and networks" and then mark " use gps satellite..

Make sure you have data plans other wise you will be charged for transmission of data through network carrier....

next... if u have data plans then remember to switch on data traffic ( settings> wireless and network> mobile network > mark "data enabled" )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nabeel
Master

Hi

First of all, u need a clear view of sky to receive signals from satellite then check following things

For fast response from gps, You need an "active" internet connection( either wifi or network carrier)

then mark these

Settings> location and security> mark "use wireless and networks" and then mark " use gps satellite..

Make sure you have data plans other wise you will be charged for transmission of data through network carrier....

next... if u have data plans then remember to switch on data traffic ( settings> wireless and network> mobile network > mark "data enabled" )