Join now - be part of our community!

Display keeps turning on.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Display keeps turning on.

Hello

Now i am having my 5th Arc. I have had 3 Arc's and 2 Arc S models and i have had different issues with each one of them.. I just thought that i was unlucky with phones or they didnt like me. Now after the 5th Arc is broken or acting strange i have to write on this forum. The forum have helped me alot when read about problems - but this issues i cant figure out.

The issues relies in the display. When i lock the dispaly so it turns off, of course, then it wont stay turned off. Its black for some seconds, and then it activates the light, without unlocking the phone, just as if you clicked the "homebutton"(Middel button in buttom), and seconds later it turns off again. This This issues presits after software update, restore and re-update. I've been in the store and they testet it and of course as always - When they test stuff there are NO issues or problems at all. So, i hope that you guys will be able to give me some input about what to do or point me in the right direction. Google is my friend, ye, but my friend doesnt understand me when searching the web (Only this issue), so i guess its not that common.

Have to add as well that the "homebutton" have been tested and changed - Its not the button thats loose and keeps making contact.

Hope you can help... Dont wanna buy another one - Got this for 2 months now.

Funny enough, they all end up acting weird after about the same period of time.

Edit 1: Btw, can anyone tell me when Android 4.0 comes as update the phone it self will notifi me. Atm i havent been able to get higher than 2.3 which im using as we speak on my Neo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

i was facing the same problem, long time back, and this problem was not with the device but with an app,
i didn't remember what did i do to solve it but would advice you to do a master reset/ factory data reset

( maybe auto task killer, that use to kill apps automatically after certain period of time (didn't remember ) )

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Nabeel
Master

okh, then u must try doing a settings reset and observe if it happens again

settings > privacy> settings reset

if it happens then go for a factory data rest

settings> privacy> factory data reset

remember it will delete all phone data data so backup ( memory card and sim not affected)

keep us updated Winking_Face

Not applicable

Thanks, but i have already done it, done everything to reset, restore, delete ect - Except flashing the phone. Slightly_smiling_Face

I dont know how i should observe it. Its like:

Using the phone. Everything is fine. Not even lag or anything. Just setting alarm clock and writing an text. Putting the phone next to me on the couch (so no hard hits like the rest of my stuff), and a few minutes after it just spazz out and have done it since.

I will keep you updated if something new happens.

Im starting to think its the phone thats the issue - cause every Arc has been bugging me, and yet i cant believe its the phone(hardware) cause i know noone who has issues. I love the Arc, but this may force me to change to another one - Maybe the Xperia S will do the job.

Markus1
Leader

Hmm, very strange issue I must say. I can't say I've seen others complain about it either. Also, I've been using Xperia arc for almost a year and I have not had this issue.

Do you have any screen protectors attached? Any protective casings at all? Anything that could be messing with the proximity sensor?

Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem... My screen keeps turning on every once in a while, just as if I clicked the "homebutton". My Arc S (LT18i) is working fine and it's up to date with 4.0.2.A.0.62 - Android Version 2.3.4.

Any fix for this?

Nabeel
Master

go through some of the above suggestions or wait for ICS

if it really troubles you then do a software repair using pc companion otherwise leave it as it is.

my opinion : leave it as it is.. it might be temporary, due to some app

try taking out battery for sometime and reinsert it
check some apps like virus defenders, battery manager etc etc

Markus1
Leader

Follow nabeelraza's suggestion above and start with reading the posts in this thread.

If you cannot get it working (stop turning on by itself) you should hand it in at a repair center. Before you do this you really should try the repair option in PC Companion though. Helps in most cases. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I've had my Xperia Arc for 7 months now and I suddenly started experiencing this problem from today. I have read the above suggestions but none of them were any help to be honest. Anything new from the team at Sony?

Cheers

gwhispererz
Champion

Just a thought .... did you set phone to sync for certain apps? See if disabling those sync helps ....

Nabeel
Master

i was facing the same problem, long time back, and this problem was not with the device but with an app,
i didn't remember what did i do to solve it but would advice you to do a master reset/ factory data reset

( maybe auto task killer, that use to kill apps automatically after certain period of time (didn't remember ) )