Join now - be part of our community!

Custom SMS alerts for the X10 mini pro ?

SOLVED
Not applicable

Custom SMS alerts for the X10 mini pro ?

I have spent the last half an hour or so trying to search for the answer, but have not found anything, so please accept my apologies if this has been asked already: Is it possible to have custom SMS notification tones for contacts on the X10 mini pro, as can be done with ringtones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Handcent rocks imho! Glad you are sorted.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KrazyD
Contributor

Yes you can download "Tone Picker" from the Android Market.

Not applicable

Thank you so much for the super quick reply - which category is "Tone Picker" in? Searching the Market for "Tone Picker", "Tone" or "Picker" does not find this app for me.

suze
Leader

A lot of apps are location sensitive and therefore won't appear. Another one that I have heard recommended is Zedge which gives you loads of ringtones and wallpapers.  You could also try RingDroid which lets you customise mp3 tracks to use as ringtones/notifications.  As a last alternative you could try Handcent SMS app which as an added extra allows you to set music as your notification tone.

Also have a look in the box to the right, More Like This which will link you to other threads of the same/similar issue and see if anyone else has come up with better solutions.

Let us know how you get on.

Not applicable

Thanks! I wonder why NZ would be blocked from access to Tone Picker? I can access Handcent, so I might have to go with that, although all I really wanted to do was give certain contacts their own SMS alert tomes. I already have ringdroid installed, so will look at that as well.

suze
Leader

It is odd, cos I have just looked at the Android Market distribution list attached and NZ is on there!

http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=138294

Have you just searched Tone and see what alternatives it brings up, there are loads out there so you might be able to find something different.

Not applicable

Thanks. I shall look through the alternatives. I've searched for "Tone" and "Picker" separately as well, and tried appbrain, where I got this:

"There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.hlidskialf.android.tonepicker"

Not applicable

Thanks to you both - in the end, I went with handcent. Great app. Much obliged for all your help.

suze
Leader

Handcent rocks imho! Glad you are sorted.

Er_Kannan
Contributor

Handcent is simply superb with amazing features. Look into the settings for hancent application and bring out its full potential. You can set many customizations for a contact, not just tone.