Join now - be part of our community!

Can we save this phone?

SOLVED
velvetkelpie
Visitor

Can we save this phone?

Hi. I collect flat batteries and disused mobiles, chargers etc. at my workplace for recycling. In the last lot of phones was a small one called a Sony Ericsson XPERIA. It was a bit scratched up, but I could see that it had a touchscreen. I wondered if I could use it instead of my old Samsung fliptop, that has the tiniest buttons imaginable (which causes some amusing moments and a bit of frustration). Anyway, back to the Sony phone. It has a grid-sort of password. I tried a few combinations with no luck (hardly surprising). I showed it to my 22 y.o. son, who said it was a XPERIA Ray, and a good phone in its day. He said 'This will be easy', and proceeded to press lots of things. Then the phone said 'Incorrect pattern. You have incorrectly drawn pattern 20 times. Unlock with security question' . Then it asks for my mother's maiden name, which of course could be anything. My son suggested I try this forum. Is there anyway I can reset or something to save this phone from being recycled? It would be such a waste. Here's hoping. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phy
Legend
Legend

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Legend
Legend

You can rest the phone with PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
velvetkelpie
Visitor

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

velvetkelpie
Visitor

It worked straight up. Many thanks!

Phy
Legend
Legend

No problem. Glad it worked.