Join now - be part of our community!

can't connect to google account

SOLVED
Not applicable

can't connect to google account

Hi i just bought my Xperia Play and wanna Sign in to my Account to get Contact list.. but its says I'm not connected to Internet.. but I'm, when I open the Browser i can surf the web even log to Gmail...

the only way it works is on Wifi..

and also i got 2nd Account with 2-step verification as my primary Google-Account and I'm not able to connect to it.. not even when i'm on Wifi..

any help ? thx

i got R800i

20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable

YES! read a bit up...

gwhispererz
Champion

Why do I have the feeling that it is a Carrier issue?

Not applicable

I've used the same Account on my old H/t/C hero..and everyting was ok..

slimshaddy
Hero

well ok..when i purchased my phone i also got the same error..

then i took it from where i purchased it..

he changed some settings and voila it worked..

i think it has something related to APN..

call your mobile operator..ask them to send you the internet settings..save them and see if this helps..

Not applicable

now i've called my OP and they've send me new setting and now it works.. i had only settings for WAP and MMS.. now got also for internet.. THx for advice

slimshaddy
Hero

hmm Winking_Face

Not applicable

i have the same problem, i try to download apps from android market and everytime i am trying to log on to my google account it says that "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a Temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again wheb connected to a mobile network or connect to Wi-Fi network."" I already try to use my other account from google but still not working.:smileysad:

slimshaddy
Hero

first of all....make a new account and see if it works or not..dont click on sign in..but make a new email from phone itself...

see if you can log in or not..if not

favtory data reset your phone..

go to setngs > privacy..

make sure you backup all your files...

maryelle
Visitor

Have the same prob. How can I call operator? Pls thank I
MirzaYasirHaide
Visitor

Dear Sony please troubleshoot properly. I have same issue while using wifi and mobile data. broswer working properly in xperia s but google account isn't associating with my mobile.