Join now - be part of our community!

Camera/Picture quality before/after bootloader unlock Xperia U

SOLVED
Amit_Abhishek
Visitor

Camera/Picture quality before/after bootloader unlock Xperia U

Before I unlock my xperia U bootloader I want to know If there is a chance of reduction in camera image quality . Like xperia Z3 ,where unlocking bootloader reduces image quality and remove noise reduction algorithm, is there any possibility of the same for xperia u? (I know I'll loose my DRM keys and I will not able to download the "Music info ' from gracenote,(I am okay with it). Please let me know about the Image quality after the unlock bootloader?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

In order to backup your TA partition you need to have Root without unlocking your bootloader

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Thommo
Genius

Yes you will loose image quality but if you are wanting to root then you don't need to unlock your bootloader on the Xperia U but if you want to install custom Roms then yes you do

komilAD
Visitor

Why not backing up your TA partition.?
Thommo
Genius

In order to backup your TA partition you need to have Root without unlocking your bootloader

Amit_Abhishek
Visitor

Thanks
Amit_Abhishek
Visitor

Thanks, I'll backup my TA partition.

GandU
Visitor

Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader without backing up my TA partition. And I lost my DRM keys and Camera Image quality.

But I have been digging around and found the fix for DRM keys here 

and now can download Gracenote music info. So hoping there might be away to even restore the camera quality by placing some lib file like some .apk or .so files. I need it badly . Please let me know.

Thommo
Genius

If there is a way then you'll probably find the answer on XDA

sinbrad
Visitor

Where can I find details of fixing DRM keys?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@sinbrad

You can't fix them, sorry.