Join now - be part of our community!

Android Market disappeared !!!

SOLVED
Not applicable

Android Market disappeared !!!

Hey there, I have got my Xperia Pro only a couple of weeks ago, I accessed the Android Market only once and it was working fine. after a week or so it disapperead from the phone Anguished_Face I tried re-downloading it from the web but in vain..I have now downloaded a version of the Market I found on a blog but I cant access it as an error appeares saying that I must get a root permission (no idea what that means) Now I am so frustrated Slightly_frowning_Face

Help Plz !!! where has the Market gone and how and from where can I get it back ??!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Yes, that is the new icon and name after the update.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, first of all, uninstall the one that you have downloaded from the web.

Reboot phone and check again, make sure phone is connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data Network.

If still nothing, goto Settings>Applications>Manage applications, search for Market, tap Clear data and then exit.

Not applicable

Thanks. ok web downloaded version uninstalled, phone reboot done, still cant find it went to Settings>Applications>Manage application and I only have Market Feedback Agent and Market Updater tabs , no Market tab !!! what should I do

gwhispererz
Champion

I have the feeling that it has already been updated. Goto app drawer, search for Play Store (new icon and name).

Not applicable

Play Store found, is that the same application? has the Market been replaced with this app?

gwhispererz
Champion

Yes, that is the new icon and name after the update.

Not applicable

Ok thanks alot you have been very helpful Slightly_smiling_Face

gwhispererz
Champion

No problem .... Slightly_smiling_Face