Join now - be part of our community!

All pictures I take with the flash on turns green-ish?

SOLVED
ShedoSurashu
Visitor

All pictures I take with the flash on turns green-ish?

I just bought an Xperia Active and I noticed now that it's night-time, whenever I take pictures with the flash in it, the preview or the focusing phase seem to have okay lighting then when the picture is finally shot, it gets a rather shade of green? It's pretty unpleasant to look at. Why is this happening?

17 REPLIES 17
santam1
Contributor

wait for @slim...

slimshaddy
Hero

i took these from my arc..

DSC_0057.JPGDSC_0058.JPG

so what do you think..??

also i set my mode to night scene + flash... do capture pics with your phone with same settings..

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Umm, how exactly do I do that? The only options here are

- Normal

- Scene Recognition <- Currently selected.

- Smile Detection

- 3D Sweep Panorama

- Sweep Panorama

The scenes are only configurable when I'm in video mode. Any thoughts?

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Oops, it seems I just found the fix myself. For those who might find this an annoying problem as well, here's what I did;

1. Set the capturing mode to "Normal".
  2. Set the scene to "Party".
  3. Set the flash to "Auto".
  4. ???
  5. Profit.

Although I must wonder why such an option should be set when normally it shouldn't be a problem. I hope it's a software-related issue though and would hopefully be fixed soon. 😕

Very much thanks to santam and slimshaddy for sticking with me through this thread. Slightly_smiling_Face

slimshaddy
Hero

great you found it yourself Winking_Face

sometimes automatic settings doesnt do wonders and we have to set to manual..

anyways happy to help Slightly_smiling_Face and you'r welcome...

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be posting more questions later as I'm starting to explore the phone. I hope I'm not a bother to you guys. xD

santam1
Contributor

Haha...na...glad to hear you've fighured it out...actually to me try taking pictures manually I mean the setting...it would give you the flexibility to take the pictures...;)

No problem we are here to help you...:D

Oh and don't forget to refer the link here of you're new thread about you're questions....;p

ShedoSurashu
Visitor