Join now - be part of our community!

All pictures I take with the flash on turns green-ish?

SOLVED
ShedoSurashu
Visitor

All pictures I take with the flash on turns green-ish?

I just bought an Xperia Active and I noticed now that it's night-time, whenever I take pictures with the flash in it, the preview or the focusing phase seem to have okay lighting then when the picture is finally shot, it gets a rather shade of green? It's pretty unpleasant to look at. Why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Oops, it seems I just found the fix myself. For those who might find this an annoying problem as well, here's what I did;

1. Set the capturing mode to "Normal".
  2. Set the scene to "Party".
  3. Set the flash to "Auto".
  4. ???
  5. Profit.

Although I must wonder why such an option should be set when normally it shouldn't be a problem. I hope it's a software-related issue though and would hopefully be fixed soon. 😕

Very much thanks to santam and slimshaddy for sticking with me through this thread. Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
santam1
Contributor

Hi,

Mmm....could you post you're picture here...it will be helpful....!! For me to understand...:D

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Here's a picture of my leg that I took with the phone then transferred the image file to my laptop xD

screenshot_2012-04-14_0315.png

And here's the picture of my phone's screen taken from my laptop's webcam.

Screen shot 2012-04-14 at 3.21.45 AM.png

As you can see, it's really green. 😕

slimshaddy
Hero

i dont think this is a problem Neutral_Face it looks normal to me..

santam1
Contributor

mm...me too....:smileyplain:

try taking pictures...in lighted condition.....post here..slimshaddy   is one of our expert picture taker....:smileywink:

he'll judge better than me...but i'll try my best....:smileylaugh:

is you're leg greenish....?????? Dizzy_Face

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Here, I took another shot. I already talked to a few people I knew and we all agreed that it had some color change happening. On this next attempt, I have a no-flash version and a with-flash version.

No-flash image:

http://imgur.com/G59je

With-flash image

http://imgur.com/3tEMf

Tell me what you think?

slimshaddy
Hero

maybe its supposed to be that way.. ok i'll check with my phone tonight Slightly_smiling_Face ok..

nd will post some pics..

santam1
Contributor

looks bit greenish....:smileyconfused:

what was the setting...when you clicked with flash....was it on auto scene recognition...?????? Thinking_Face

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Well normally when I take pictures like these, the area would just become brighter and not greener. Hence the reason I am using a flash. To brighten things up. Dizzy_Face I look forward ot your post. Slightly_smiling_Face

ShedoSurashu
Visitor

Yes, it's set to auto, I also tried Normal but it produced the same results. xD