Join now - be part of our community!

video keeps pausing

profile.country.GB.title
silvamayflower
Explorer

video keeps pausing

For a few weeks now I have had this problem:  video and sound (in particular Youtube vid and BBC sounds) keep pausing, resume when the arrow head is pressed, but then stop again moments later.

First I tried restarting the phone.  Then I tried emptying cache.  Finally I tried installing a trusted cleaner, but it didn't work on my phone so I uninstalled.  I also checked for apparent rogue apps.  Then I switched my consuming to another device and hoped an update would solve it.  Eventually I factory reset my phone - and still it happens.

Today I went through the apps again, and uninstalled a few I didn't need, and a few I can replace.  Still it happens.

I read everywhere that it must be an app, which is my suspicion, but how, without uninstalling the lot, can I tell which is the rogue - or whether there might be another reason.

It looks as though I'm going to have to use my inferior device until upgrade time otherwise - which is about 18 months away!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

The options that you have is either to remove the apps starting from the recently downloaded apps and test with each one you remove or you can do a factory data reset without downloading all the apps back again on the device , and start to test with each app you will add if the issue will come back again or not.

profile.country.GB.title
silvamayflower
Explorer

Yes thank you, I thought that's what I'd have to do! I'm going to have a
go at testing the most recent first. Are they listed in date order
somewhere, so I know which I added last?
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

No, unfortunately i don't think there is a way for that.