Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot receive incoming calls on Xperia 10 IV

profile.country.GB.title
fedemc
Explorer

Cannot receive incoming calls on Xperia 10 IV

Hello,

My Xperia 10 IV is not receiving incoming calls. I can call from my phone. I tried my SIM chip on another phone and I can receive incoming calls, so it's definitely an issue with the Xperia.

Any help?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi fedemc, since you're able to make calls, did you try contacting your operator? Also, did you try the SIM card in another phone? 

profile.country.GB.title
fedemc
Explorer

Hi HannahEd01,

Yes, I contacted my mobile operator. They suggested I change the SIM card. I tried a new SIM card and I have the same issue. I also tried the SIM card in another phone, and I can receive calls in that phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @fedemc

Do you have signal bars at the top of your screen?

Also, you can try the steps here, it could help: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-10-iv/articles...

profile.country.GB.title
fedemc
Explorer

Hello,

I have signal bars at the top of the screen.

"Make sure that your SIM card is working properly. Insert your SIM card in another device. If this works, it is probably your device that is causing the problem. In this case, contact an authorized Sony service partner."

If there aren't other recommended solutions, I believe I should follow that step.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @fedemc 

How is it in safe mode?

Downloaded applications may affect the performance of your device or cause it to behave unpredictably. Use safe mode to check whether a downloaded application is causing the problem.

In safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications already installed when it was purchased. If the device performance improves in safe mode, one or more downloaded applications are likely to affect the device negatively.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey fedemc, If the issue still happens in safe mode, try a software repair, then book a repair directly. Where are you based? Do you know how to book the repair?

profile.country.GB.title
fedemc
Explorer

Hello, an update on this issue. Today I installed system update v64.1.A.4.8 which solved the issue. I can now receive incoming calls.