Join now - be part of our community!

Android 13 for Xperia 10 IV

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
EnneOehl
Explorer

Android 13 for Xperia 10 IV

Hi everybody,

are there any information available when Android 13 will be released for Xperia 10 IV (in Europe)?

Support has not been very helpful, but also seems not to be interested in giving out information regarding this topic.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
hehduda

Hi,

following XDA-Developers from January 18th 2023, the rollout for the Asian XQ-CC72 had beeing started.

Owners of other variants and inhabitants from other regions have to wait!

Sony used to be better when it came to updates. Devices from '21 have already gotten the update and owners of the '22 devices are to wait! Thank you for nothing ,Sony!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @EnneOehl, as far as I'm aware, this phone should get Android 13, but any delay may happen depending on your network operator, region or country. Yet you can try a software repair via Xperia Companion, it'll perform a software update so it might help, but make sure to create a backup first.

profile.country.DE.title
EnneOehl
Explorer

Hi @Piscie,

Thanks for your comment but I'm quite sure that it simply is not available. Did several requests to Sony Support and answer was that they can't provide any information on the release of Android 13 for Xperia 10iv. 

Quite poor performance if you consider that this is a phone that was released six months ago for 500€

profile.country.DE.title
EnneOehl
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi,

The Xperia 10 IV will receive Android 13, it has been release in their plan I think. So, it's just a matter of time until you receive it, not all phone models receive the updates at the same time.

profile.country.DE.title
hehduda

Hi,

following XDA-Developers from January 18th 2023, the rollout for the Asian XQ-CC72 had beeing started.

Owners of other variants and inhabitants from other regions have to wait!

Sony used to be better when it came to updates. Devices from '21 have already gotten the update and owners of the '22 devices are to wait! Thank you for nothing ,Sony!

profile.country.DE.title
hehduda

Hi,

I've got the update to v65.1.A.4.8 several minutes ago and installed immediately.